me new westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate yer get someone to do it for you .
no really i enjoyed it ,as for advice all i done was sanded it down little filler in the bad bits and got me painter to blow over it .
To behonest take your time ,mine could have been better but well happy with the finish our spray shop at work is not really good for A1 jobs as we are all ways spraying plant equipment .

Glad its done :lol:

hi mate got it from Jk ,yes very cheap but its not to bad does the job £150.00 complete with seals and pull down toggles.

few more bits done ,flooring not everyones choice but pratical for kids

newpicts002-1.jpg

newpicts003-1.jpg

newpicts006-1.jpg

newpicts008-1.jpg

big thanks to chris (panalvan) for giving me his old panals for the side and roof.

newpicts004-1.jpg

newpicts005-1.jpg

fitted new window rubbers and a one piece glass ,removed side opening window always leaks .

newpicts016-1.jpg

newpicts017-1.jpg

newpicts018-1.jpg

newpicts020.jpg

newpicts021.jpg

newpicts022-1.jpg

newpicts023-1.jpg

well pleased not a sign of rust around were the seals go more later ;)

Hey mate, how's it going? any progress on the bus? i haven't seen you out there working on it lately! I have finally got myself another VW, not an early bay though..........not yet anyway. :D

Hi tom hows it going ? bus is coming on not as fast as i would like ,decided to remove the engine see below .

mart009.jpg

mart010.jpg

mart008.jpg

mart005.jpg

took the engine out on me drive which is sloped not a very good idea but needs must
last picture the boys learning what it is all about at least i dont get the dad questions yet whats that dad

Hello all not done to much on bus lately ,now getting it ready for summer needs a mot now so been doing a few bits .
last few weekends been cleaning the underneath down ready for treatment :D

bus003.jpg

bus004.jpg

bus005.jpg

bus006.jpg

bus007.jpg

bus008.jpg

Hiya Marty,

Glad to see it's progressing. That's a right pain, doing the underneath, but it's looking good. U got the engine out again?

Cheers,
Nick

Love your westy mate, looks just like mine, cant wait for it to get here, how long did your take to get here? and how long did it take to go through uk customs?

Guys thanks for the kind words , i wouldnt say shes mint but in good condition .
nick no engine is not out again lol ,regarding the underneath doing little bits at a time very boring laying on your back all day cleaning .

austin good to here you have joined the gang post some pics as soon as it arrives ,i bought mine from the uk all legal and mot .sorry cant help with your questions ,sure there are many willing to help you .
anyway good luck :)

just some more photos of me bus painted with rustbullet this stuff is great.

P1020004.jpg

P1020003.jpg

next time to remove the beam as i have a second one which has the adjusters welded in to fit

and the boy is not helping at all ,he touches everything :x

P1010366.jpg

P1010367.jpg

P1010368.jpg

P1010369.jpg

P1010370.jpg

P1010373.jpg

once the beam is removed its a good time for clean and paint

P1010371.jpg

P1010372.jpg

P1010386.jpg

P1010388.jpg

P1010387.jpg

going to paint with the rustbullet then may topcoat white again

P1010391.jpg

P1010389.jpg

P1010390.jpg

old beam after a good wash must say the beam is in very good condtion will be for sale if anyones intrested

thanks will post more soon :p

That's one very solid looking bus :shock: ...... not jealous.... much! ;)

Very nice indeed, great progress with some great work and attention to detail.... keep those pics coming! :D

little update guys front beam fitted and lower , mot last week all good so shes on the road :D
today up 600am down to work and fitted the rear horseshoe plates ,glad i didnt try fitting these at home had the comfort of airtools and a mag drill which is a lot easier to drill the spring plate to let the handbrake cable in .

P1010550.jpg

P1010549.jpg

P1010548.jpg

P1010547.jpg

P1010546.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010544.jpg

P1010551.jpg

as you can see now needs a little more dropping on the front ,sticking gas burners on soon so may wait till i have the correct wheels and tyres .
also had to let the tyres down to fit the wheels on .

cheers chris its long way of yours mate ,actually cant compare any of the finish to yours lol ,at lease you give us all something to aim for :D

not long now camping will commence lol

Latest posts