Meet 'Prune!' the 1968 RHD Westy...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'd like to introduce 'Prune!' (What else could i call a purple Westy!!!) ...Prune is going to be my loyal companion and my ticket to joining this forum which i've been a lurker on for months! ...I previous owned a 1970 Danbury for three short months at the end of last year (That's a real heartbreaking long story) ...But anyway, now i have the Prune bus! And the good times are surely guna roll! ...Summer 2009, ok maybe 2010 ...Or even 2011! O jeez :?

03072008.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Hi Toby, good to see another earlybayer join the ranks :D

are you doing the work yourself on this one?

Hmm ...I'd like to think i'd be doing the work myself, in truth i'm prob guna need all the help i can get though! ..Na, plan is take it nice and steady and she'll get there! ...I've messed about with lots off late bay / T25s over the last couple of years, with mixed results :? .... But this one has to come off! She's the one! :D

Hello mate and welcome 8)

Got to say thats the best name for a van, ive heard in along time, you have just made my friday even better :mrgreen:

I figured that it was about time i got cracking with Prune this weekend! She's been home since 5th September after all :shock: ......

Sooooo back to 05/09/2008 :wink:

This was the first time the old gal had moved in four years! ...Took an hour, lots of cussing and cursing and some highly improvised tyres to get her this far! :x
DSC00192.jpg

Now an A-frame wouldn't of been my first choice, but the guy was a professional classic car dealer / enthusiast. ...Who just so happened to have a recovery truck ...Top Man! :D
DSC00193.jpg

Wasn't easy seeing my dream ride rattling around in the wing mirror in all that driving rain though... Coffee and nicotine was in order... Can't beat a porta cabin greasy spoon :p
DSC00194.jpg

She eventually touched / crashed down at her new home... In even more driving rain, down a very steep shared drive, off of one of the countries most lethal A roads, with no motor ...& no brakes :shock: ...O the relief :D
DSC00195.jpg

She was quickly pushed to our half of the territory!
DSC00196.jpg

Now if only the f**king dogs would sit down as good as that! ...Improvised tyres remember!!! :mrgreen:
DSC00197.jpg

More later :wink: ...

First thing was first... I had to do something about those rear wheels :roll:

Better! (For now atleast :wink: ) ...Clean(er) roof to!
DSC00217.jpg

Did a little bit of tickering and stuck the old battery on charge for 24 hours ...Then attempted a test firing ...Started first bloody time :mrgreen: ...that said though, the motor had only done six months work ...She was then parked up for four years :?
DSC00039.jpg

She started but was cooking on gas literally....
DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

...This little set up is now for sale, good old petrol for me thanks. I like to keep things simple :mrgreen:

And so she sat for almost two months....

...Under her blanket of course (albeit on axle stands so i could be nosey underneath) ...(Another story for another day :shock: ) :p

DSC00244.jpg

...UNTIL TODAY! ...THE ROAD TO NEWQUAY AND RTTS 2009 STARTS HERE! ...IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN DO IT! ...MEAT LOAF, BARACK OBAMA & LEWIS HAMILTON HAVE ALL SAID IT ...SO IT MUST BE TRUE :twisted:

Good man, I'll watch this thread with interest. I to sat in a recovery truck with my van on a A frame from St Ives to Plymouth & then on a low loader from Plymouth to Manchester & I was cackin myself :roll:
I remember looking at her bouncing around through the back window & thinking to myself "hold on please" :D
It's not a nice experience, good luck getting to RTTS 09.
Andy

That's one hell of a trip fella! ...I only had about 80 miles to sweat through! Still hated every second though :roll:

& cheers... It has been said that i'll need all the luck that i can get! ...But hey i'm what they call a blind stubbourn optimist right now :mrgreen:

Toby.

Latest posts