Cyril the '71 Westy Refurb.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some latest pics - last week, its coming together now!

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

More to follow soon

Kev

nice choice of colour. not sure I'd get away with using my front room but, I think I'll give it ago lol. Keep up the good work

Cheers fellas. I cant really take any credit for the hard work and expertise - thats down to Ron at VW Endangered Species and a select few of well chosen suppliers and contractors. I can claim credit for the hours of research, asking stupid questions, wearing out my laptop in forums and auctions, the leg work, driving miles around the country to meet people and collect parts, the overall design, vision and aspiration, the attention to detail and of course the now very empty bank account!

Im not really a massive show-goer, but I hope to be able to get him seen at a few show and shines when he's done.
Won't be long now - we should get a few weekends in before the nights draw in.

Kev

Great job being done 8)

Really starting to come together :mrgreen:

Yep. Really pleased with it. Its looking great. To be honest the photos dont do it much justice.
All the wiring is in for the leisure/ICE electrics. The canvas is being fitted by Jon (FAUX) tomorrow, then the electrical goodies...
Ron at VW Endangered species has done an excellent job - it looks like a new van!

Kev

Don't park next to me at a show. Were be accused of having his and his matching seat covers :lol: Exactly the same as mine.

Really? Where did you get them done? I went to various trimmers with my ideas and we came up with design this after ploughing through loads of choices of vinyl. I thought I was bespoke as it was my idea.....still got it scribbled on the back of an envalope! The interior has been in my bedroom since January. Good choice though!

Kev

I can't give you an exact date as they were done by the PO. So as a rough estimate any time in the last 5 years!!. I do know they were done by Custom classic and retro interiors.

doz said:
Don't park next to me at a show. Were be accused of having his and his matching seat covers :lol: Exactly the same as mine.

What a coincidence! They do look cool!

well very nearly the same. I could of sworn my white stripes went right to the top. I hope your not like me, when I've been working on the bus I end up putting dirty paw prints on the white stripes. Thank god for Flash wet wipes.

Photo0124.jpg

Ahh I fooled by the ambient lighting in your pics. Ok I won't call you copy cat again :D carry on!!! ;)

Latest posts