Mike Fs "Devon be gone" 72!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late bay replacement front end from a few years ago, the indicators were moved but the advice was not to go for cutting and swapping the badge bit.

Only real experts spot it mind so top marks there!

Johnny said:
i hate to ask this but what about that nasty bump on the nose? :oops:

looks sweet

to be honest its a lot of work to remove and once the badge goes back on you dont even notice it, Mike has the later type badge being a crossover ;)

yours probably still has the original front, mikes badge may have been swapped at the same time as the front ;)

im hoping to get it done for volksworld show, i started at the beginning of january, we did the roof swap, bare metalled the entire van, new sills, lower front inner n outer, various other repairs inc sliding door, prepped n primed, then prepped n primed again, painted and ive only been on it 45 (long) days
im pretty damn awesome! ;)

Justin & Muttley said:
And so modest!! :lol: :lol:

;)

im also damn good looking and extremly wealthy, and possibly a liar :shock: :lol:

terry keep your neptune blue perversion to yourself ya bugger! :shock:

Mike F said:
...I've told my missus that the bus has the original ten inch badge, she believes me and none of you better tell her any different!

Mike, if you're used to telling your wife that 7" is 10" who are we to argue! :lol: :lol:

Might send her a ruler for Christmas though!!

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
Mike F said:
...I've told my missus that the bus has the original ten inch badge, she believes me and none of you better tell her any different!

Mike, if you're used to telling your wife that 7" is 10" who are we to argue! :lol: :lol:

Might send her a ruler for Christmas though!!

;)

She already has one J&M thanks, but I scratched out cm and wrote in so it's not much use.

Very nice
10 out of 10 on the roof swap, looks spot on and the Deluxe trim is going to look so nice against the red 8)

Mike/Chris

Just caught up with this project. What a mission and I can't wait to see it in the flesh. I was feeling quite proud of my efforts in replacing the rotted cardboard glove box and adding a lid this weekend until I saw what you've been up to!

another update, got all the odds n ends in paint this week, having a whale of a time flatting n polishing the paintwork :shock:
cleaning up little bits like the lights etc and trying to start bolting it back together, all the little things seem to take ages!

mike i thought you might like to see a profile shot
IMG_1797.jpg

still needs more polishing but its looking good, and you will be pleased to hear the grill looks sweet in red
IMG_1805.jpg

maurice started the headliner today so hopefully ill get the windows in early next week!

Excellent Chris, love the side repeaters which will fit in really well.

Have placed an order for the vinyl to be fitted on Thursday 25th. I'll then have two evenings to fit the interior and get a complete van along to Volksworld.

If you can get it all done by then you'll have exceeded all possible expectations.

The front end looks amazing, and you were right about setting off the chrome trim.

well been busy as usual, so busy in fact that Mike came and picked up his bus today! :shock:

had a bit of a kafuffle when the fuel pump diaphram dumped all the fuel into the engine but a new pump and a service and its running like a champ!
bus is all fitted up, polished and new wheels... so what do y'all think
;)

Chris has beaten me to it! Just driven the van home and felt like a lord. What a great job Chris and Morris have done eh? I kkept on noticing things as we chatted away for an hour or more, inside the air vents, the rotten step gone, interior lights working... so much done in just a few weeks.

Hopefully Chris and I will get parked up together at Volksworld in the lineup on Saturday so if you are there come and take a look. I'll be the bald guy with the beaming smile, Chris will be the guy looking knackered coughing up paint dust.

Latest posts