Morcambe & Wize screwed people over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K@rlos

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top
Who’s seen the thing in SSVC? Seems Morcambe and Wize have took a Colossal about of money up front from people to supply and resto buses then packed up and gone. What’s worse is he has used the buses as collateral against the business and they are now in Possession of the liquidators.

Mark has took £55000 on multiple people and fucked off. What a bloke, wants his head kicked in. :evil:

Whats even worse the guy who owned it is an ex copper
Visited the place a couple of years ago they had two huge workshops full of bays and splits (to many to count) there must be loads of people that have been ripped off
If its gone into liquidation the last people to get paid out will be the customers
feel so sorry for the people that have lost money, why dont they garb all the bastards assets House, Car, etc etc
its a disgrace

Is it possible to secure a loan against someone else's property?

if so, then that's ridiculous.

If not, then surely any buses in their possession actually and legally belong to their rightful owners, so they can recover them.

I understand though that people will have paid money for the work to be done up front, and stand to lose this.

I agree - the owners should be made to sell their homes and possessions to pay people out.

I read on Facebook (must be true then)?
The liquidators have given some of the customers their buses back, as they don’t want them!!!!

kinga said:
Is it possible to secure a loan against someone else's property?

Indeed you can when its a contract involving an individual. M&W was I believe set up as a limited company and undoubtedly operated through that, as a result it will only be the company assets of which it sounds like there are none that you could claim from. Looking on Company's House website there is also a charge registered so I assume the persons that lent them the money through that are probably secured creditors and will get paid first (if they get paid at all), not an accountant so don't state this with any authority.

When I had my bus worked on , I paid in small 1k increments as we went along with photo proof work was done ... There is no way I’d pay a big lump sum up front ...I do feel for the people that have lost money . Perhaps paying on a credit card would offer some safe guard ?

Yes..anyone who paid for work never carried out using a debit or credit card may have some comeback if they contact their bank.

Latest posts