More advise needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Reaction score
I've been looking at this, was not too bothered about it being on bags at the front but for the money :? might be ok. I gave them a call and asked how exactly the front was done and what bits were used ? The chap could not say for sure, does anyone know of it or seen it before ? There looking for £14000 :shock: what do you recon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231229003629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks nice mate, but £14,000! Too much money I'd say.
I'd want more info on the front end set up. If it's just Monroe's they don't cost all that much.
Why can't the owner sell it themselves?

I'd want to know what engine it has to make it 'extremely quick'.

My 1600 with twin carbs is one of the slowest things out there... :lol:

I think it's actually a reasonable price,

advertised elsewhere for £14,000 doesn't mean it wont sell for less.

doesn't seem to have a reserve and is currently under £7000 BARGAIN!!!!!!

so a few prices totted up off the top of my head (Pure Guesses)

Van with working sunroof £8000

engine and gearbox raise £1000 - £1500

interior sorted, £1000

Decent sorted 1600 with carbs £2500

Suspension mods £800 - £2000 dependant on how it was done.

Set of wheels and tyres £500

plus all the other bits and bobs that add up £2000 ?????

You couldn't build it for the price.

Personally if your interested I'd go and see it and check its all as it says and the sunroof works as these are a pain and expensive to fix.

I'd never bid without seeing it in the flesh.

I would never buy without seeing first, only I don't know much about lowering and air bags, they can't tell me exactly what's used up front.

I hope you're right Alex and it does sell for that. As I might need to sell mine soon! :lol:
All depends who does the work I guess and what parts were used.

At the opposite end of the scale Taypic has/had a sunroof deluxe for sale for under £7k.

The engine might of come with the bus.

Carbs could be £200-300 depending on what they are.

Interior might have come with it, but a re-trim could cost a lot.

I got a quote from Matt balls for around £800 for an engine and box raise. Might even of been £600. I can't remember.

Suspension depending on wether it's link pin or ball joint could be £500-3000 depending on who did the work and what parts were used.

Not arguing, just another viewpoint.

Latest posts