More DVLA cock-ups........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
1968 Kombi - Completely standard body. (Type 4 1700 engine). 2011 California import.

DVLA have it as a Motor Caravan - even though it has
NO: Table., NO Gas or Electric cooking, NO water storage container etc etc

Also - they are telling me it has a 2400cc engine :lol:
To top it all, a phone call to them was no help whatsoever - They wouldn't even listen.

Please add your DVLA story below, It'll share a larf !

They are a bunch of nobs.
When i Bought my pick up the log book came through, missing the last owner of 6 years telling me that I owned it for that time, so wrong no of former owners, it had the wrong engine size and colour even though the original said different.
Same as you I rang them up and they wouldn't to it via the phone, snotty as hell telling me i will have to write to them sending the log book back highlighting all the incorrect places and correcting it for them.
When I asked if it was a freepost Address back to them as it was their incompetence she was not at all impressed.

Just got my crew retaxed nearly 2 months late, they originally informed me that I hadnt registered it into the country then changed there tack and informed me it still had 5 months tax then wasted 3 weeks asking stupid bloody questions they alredy had the answers too before telling me shit I already knew, their phone manners are laughable and their knowledge of their own rules and regs is non existent then to top it off I had to renew my driving licence photo ID and its a fecking B&W pic on a pink card making me look a right mongy twat for another 10 years.....

I used to be irritated occasionally by the service of the DVLA when I lived in the UK. Living in foreign countries showed me they are angels. Elsewhere you have to pay for such things (not cheap) and its a lot slower and more bureaucratic.

I found the DVLA to be absolute stars, so sometimes they can be really helpful. Just to give a bit of balance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Baldrick said:
I found the DVLA to be absolute stars, so sometimes they can be really helpful. Just to give a bit of balance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

When you consider the number of transactions that are dealt with, there will always be some that go a bit wrong. I've never had any traumas.

My previous car (not the one I have for sale on here!!) was written off in a back end shunt. I bought it back from the insurance company, repaired it and drove it for another three years.
When I then went to the local DVLA office to transfer the reg no to the replacement car, there was much scratching of heads and confusion.
They accused me of using it without road tax for 3 years, claiming it would not have been possible to tax it because it hadn't been inspected at the VOSA station following the repair. Seeing as how they hadn't informed me of the requirement and I had taxed it at the Post Office with no problem I asked what they were talking about.
In short, had to get it inspected at my expense and couldn't transfer the reg until having done so. That all took another 3 weeks and cost me a day off work.
That said, when going through the same transfer procedure recently, it all went smoothly and the documents were returned to me very quickly.

Latest posts