more power

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super van 2

Reaction score
i am currently restoring my early bay, more rust than metal at the moment, but when i put the angle grinder down and put the welder away i will switch my attention to the engine. this is were i need some help. looking to give the old girl some va va voom
option 1 porsche 3.0sc
option 2 Subaru Impreza
or has anyone put a Porsche Boxster in their van

all advice and coments would be welcome

Absolutely anything can be made to fit, there`s a thread on here about the high rise busses and some of them are packing four plus litres of alloy V8 s slipped into the rear. But I should imagine that the best value for money has got to be scooby as in pounds per pony :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Absolutely anything :mrgreen:

I've currently got 2 engine transplants under way, cant make my mind up :shock: Got a 911 2.2 im rebuilding and an alfa 33 boxer engine 1.7.

The porsche will be easier as air cooled and no bellhousing mods required, just a hybrid flywheel. The Alfa engine is carbs and basic electronic ignition, so simple to work on. You can get an Afal adaptor kit from Germany for 300Euro.

Subaru i don't know about as they are fuel injection and ecu, too modern for me :lol: I need carbs and points!

As Ozzie says you can fit anything, my mate has a 2l Passat engine in his Ghia and his Dad a 1.8 golf diesel engine in his buggy, all home brew conversions.

do you think we have a theme going on ......................... :lol: :lol:

Alfa engine and adaptor plate
100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1368.jpg

adapter_plate.jpg

flywheel_elevation_side.jpg

porsche Power

101_0091.jpg

porscheengine024.jpg

uber cool said:
I've currently got 2 engine transplants under way, cant make my mind up :shock: Got a 911 2.2 im rebuilding and an alfa 33 boxer engine 1.7.

The porsche will be easier as air cooled and no bellhousing mods required, just a hybrid flywheel. The Alfa engine is carbs and basic electronic ignition, so simple to work on. You can get an Afal adaptor kit from Germany for 300Euro.

Subaru i don't know about as they are fuel injection and ecu, too modern for me :lol: I need carbs and points!

As Ozzie says you can fit anything, my mate has a 2l Passat engine in his Ghia and his Dad a 1.8 golf diesel engine in his buggy, all home brew conversions.

do you think we have a theme going on ......................... :lol: :lol:
love the look of that 911 2.2 looks the dogs :) :)

A mate of mine had a highly tuned 2.7L Porsche motor with triple choke Webers bolted to a 1303 IRS back in his 65 split. Was super fun and could eat all chav cars but was really unreliable so he now has a 1600 TP :lol:

ibérico said:
Mmmm tempting as a great winter project! That adaptor plate for the alfa looks very well made( very german :lol: ).... Who makes it?
the adpator kit is made by ds tuning, they have a website and do a few adaptors for different engines

Scooby for me....simple 2 litre non-turbo...

scoob.jpg

Latest posts