mot fail,breaks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, when was the last time that you changed the fluid ???? If you sit in the cab and pump the brakes , do they get harder , And / or when bleeding are you being systematic and useing fresh fluid ?? Any air coming out when bleeding ?? Try bleeding down a tube in to a see through container. If they aren`t firming up when you keep pumping I would suspect your master. Any signs of leakage ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,, looking for clues ;)

I agree with ozziedog completely change the fluid unless you have done in the last year or so and work systematically bleeding the brake furthest from the master cylinder first working to the closest last, you may have to go round twice to get all the air out but by the second time round you will be a dab hand at it and it wont be such a chore :lol:
I did a strip down, new fluid and various other parts 18 months ago and still nice firm pedal feel with brakes that work.

Nick.

As said I would check and re-seal the master (kits about a tenner IIRC).

Also maybe worth replacing flexi-hoses in case they are 'ballooning'.

Cheers

James

Had`nt tthought of the flexis balooning,, do you reckon you could actually see that if someone was pumping and you was watching ????? Or is it a little smaller scale ?? Look really good driving down the road in your bus and every time you touch the brakes, the bus cracks a little stiffy down by the front wheel :lol: :lol: :lol: Much more impressive than bouncing up and down with air suspension, can`t wait to see the first excited bay on you tube :shock: :? :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, whatever is going on in that little head of his ? :roll: :shock: :roll:

Have you checked that none of your wheel cylinders are weeping as well, you can often tell if the bottom of the backplate is wet where fluid has gently weeped out of them, had this on a couple of buses recently, renewed everything else tends to highlight this,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts