MOT'd and saving the day.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will have a look when I am back I'm the uk to see if I have any more tubbing pics but basically I cut the whole top off the original arch and then welded in 50mm strips following the flat and curved side then just used cardboard to template the other gaps.
And raised the in side seat rails with 50mm box section .

had a bit of a play on tuesday and worked out where i can get my bus to sit once i have sorted the steering box issue. this is the results of not quite fully dropped on the adjusters it will still move and turn just drags the steering arm constantly box raise needed
7d0a8536.jpg

791e4191.jpg

carbs have arrived hope to have the engine in in a couple of weeks
664f0ab3.jpg

dubscum said:
I love your bus 8) so it's gonna be a nasty fasty soon then ?
I do hope so. as long as it smokes tyres i'll be happy. first real foray into big t1 engines and its all gone a bit out of hand was supposed to be 1776 and its ended up as a 2110 :lol: was supposed to be relatively mild and i have ended up with street eliminator heads ha ha somethings gone a bit wrong with my head
i was only ever planning on cruising about low and slow in this bus ah well i suppose i need the go to match the brakes

not much else needed to put my engine together which is good couple of weeks and it will be in hopefully.
went to a local meet today only took one picture of the dog that normally vomits everywhere in the bus.
cfbc815f.jpg

she coped with a whole hour or so in the bus without hurling which was a big plus :lol:

I was well impressed how nice your bus runs yesterday Sam, looks hard as nails rolling too! 8)

needs more lows though.
and it definately needs more goes as well. :lol:
i wanted a go on the grass track but after having a look i need to sort the steering box out first as i'd be dragging the arm constantly. next year its going to show up the hot rod boys on the oval ha ha

sjc said:
needs more lows though.
and it definately needs more goes as well. :lol:
i wanted a go on the grass track but after having a look i need to sort the steering box out first as i'd be dragging the arm constantly. next year its going to show up the hot rod boys on the oval ha ha

Then I'm gonna show you up! :lol:

So yesterdays aim was to fix the problem of the work car park pulling my exhaust apart everyday. i had a normal 4-1 header with a quiet pack kind of affair on it before. so first things first was get some exhaust materials.
The friendly ford dealer let me go skip diving and i got these
ea5eb347.jpg

think one bit of this came of a transit fuck knows what the other was off but they where the bendiest bits i could find in the skip.
what i failed to pick up was a small box probably would have been a good idea.
Any ways Tuesday morning and a few hours cutting and welding i ended up with this
d750fa3f.jpg

8c891744.jpg

box is tucked up nice and out the way now. its a cut down empi quiet pack that i found in the shed.
pipe work is all just cut and shut ford exhaust.
the eagle eyed will notice that the mounts are brake pipe but i need to take the back box off to grind the welds and re weld a few pin holes so will sort some proper brackets out then.
I am quite happy for a grand total of nothing though. :lol: Flange is made from a lump of scrap steel so that was free too. :lol:

did a bit of work on the engine yesterday. port matched my manifolds and started fucking about with oil lines to figure out where they are going.
Hope to finish building it over a few evenings this week just got to get the tins fitting nicely then hopefully fit it on the bank holiday.

Also realised i have to be careful about curbs when parking
88494817.jpg

got the door wedged on the curb ha ha had to push the bus over to get it closed again. :lol:

it is in
528596_10150761987156316_719076315_9866810_1605531794_n.jpg

not working properly :(
needs some tweaking but its getting there.

just a minor update it fucking works and its awesome i loves my big engine needs a proper set up on the rolling road but is plenty quick already. :lol:

Latest posts