MOT'd and saving the day.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubscum said:
the only downside is its about an inch higher at the back as the deep sump was pretty much on the floor
0afd8b00.jpg

engine and box raise in the winter maybe

I love it mate. I was never bothered about big engines in buses until I left Ninove with Ollie and fucked off into the distance :D I want to do engine and steering box raise, but wanna get it on the road this summer first, the big engine for me is a long way down a big list

dubscum said:
I love it mate. I was never bothered about big engines in buses until I left Ninove with Ollie and fucked off into the distance :D I want to do engine and steering box raise, but wanna get it on the road this summer first, the big engine for me is a long way down a big list

Big engines are the way forward! Just need a few more bits then my 2110 will start to take shape :-D

Westy Richardson said:
dubscum said:

Big engines are the way forward! Just need a few more bits then my 2110 will start to take shape :-D
they sure are need to sort an oil cooler for mine though as after spanking it down the duel carriageway yesterday it started to get a bit warm, :lol:

31021f4d.jpg
taken at 6 :30 am this morning
decided to get up early and plumb my oil cooler in.
just need to neaten up the bracket arangement and track down a minor leak and its done.
going toi pick up some cushions tonight so i fully intend to spank it down the duel carrigeway and see how much better my extra cooling is

Marriedblonde said:
Loving this thread, as someone sticker says, as cool as penguin piss
cheers :shock:
well i went down to mongoloid square this afternoon and purchased myself the finest adjustable spanner for 1.99 and a 99p oil drip tray (roasting tin)
fixed my oil leak in the works car park
:lol:

Slammed said:
sjc said:
well i went down to mongoloid square this afternoon
:lol:

Love that I know EXACTLY where you're talking about Sam! :lol:
as will anyone that has had the miss fortune to visit the dreadful place. Its definitely worse when its all warm like yesterday as the are far to few clothes on the mongos :lol:

Back to the bus i need to move the cooler as it isn't getting enough air through it a higher speeds annoyingly.
Will look into doing that tomorrow morning before work

Where you mounting it? Mine's underneath in front of the rear wheel and seems fine.

It's under the battery rear corner at the minute.
Going to add some ducting I think.
It works ok another cooler might be the better option as the high compression seems to generate a fair whack o heat.
It's fine if you don't spank it to hard and for too long ha ha

It's a possibility I guess But I doubt it I have pretty big jets in the carbs can't remember what size exactly. Terry's comment was they are big uns ha ha
Shall be booking in for a full set up soon to make sure it's all good.
Just a few things to finish tweaking first.

Reckon that cooler looks man enough, it's amazing how much difference getting it correctly positioned for the airflow makes though. Scoops don't need to be mega huge, just enough of a lip to see some proper air whizzing by and channel some up there. 8)
Years ago, had a bug with a chuffing great cooler mounted above the gearbox by a PO. Did chuff all :roll: moved it to somewhere with better circulation and could suddenly sit at 'motorway speeds' without a worry... :D

1bca29d5.jpg

898d2eaa.jpg

Thinking about raising it a touch at the front :oops:

fitted my new dizzy the other night as well, all seems to be good apart from the gearchange is getting progressively worse so looks like the engine will be coming out again in a few weeks :lol:
but for now its looking semi finished
c24f1cc3.jpg

3c8bb2a7.jpg

a27235a4.jpg

6ddacb8b.jpg

as you may have noticed somethings changed its not a good paint job as i did it with a roller and brush but it has neatened it up slightly for now :lol:

my clutch is de[ressing me as it won't stop fucking slipping :cry: looks like i need a heavier duty job oh well it will have to wait for now as i am skint but picking up foam for the bed tomorrow so will continue sorting the interior slowly. :lol:

adb917d4.jpg

chucked together some covers last night costing me a grand total of 6.50 for the material looks a bit better in the back there now :lol:

Latest posts