MOT'd and saving the day.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used this in nearly 3 months now. Considering selling it minus the engine but no idea what it's worth. Currently languishing without mot.

right i need to get back on with this just read the tread and remembered quite how much fun i had with it. And figured out that working on it daily will get it done so asof monday i start sortng it out. First job is to empty it out as after moving its turned into a shed on wheels :oops:

no didn't get as far as notching the back i think it will actually be going higher as opposed to lower. Seems a bit pointless having a big engine when you can't use it becasue you bang the floor all the time

Well my idea to raise it by putting bigger tyres in the front failed at the first hurdle the tubs aren't actually big enough for 175/65 15s so looks like I need to raise it on the beam a bit as well as bigger tyres.
Got it running again today and the motivation is back. :p

so mot time today first attempt failed at the first hurdle as i couldn't get it on the ramp. :oops:
rebooked another station for later in the day.Now i'd love to say it sailed straight through :lol: but sadly not. however most of the failure points are my fault being a spastic. forgot to put split pins back in the trackrod nuts ad one of my front flexis decided the best time to spring a leak would be half way though the mot.
New flexis will be bought tomorrow everything else is done so the beast will be back out by the weekend. Maybe last minute ninove?

I think realistically I'll be staying at home this year.
EBI tickets have been bought and the cash I'd spend getting to ninove is another few days added to the holiday
If I had enough cash for both I would see you there.

2C662F1F-63A5-4AC2-9690-B3386BCAA802-10496-00000993C991DBB8_zpsf57f07be.jpg

CD624E4D-F716-49FC-9C6F-7AE0D94CAD7C-10496-00000993BFD40BE8_zps0d591c00.jpg

23EFCABC-B2AA-416C-950B-5A623BBB508D-10496-00000993B7D1861B_zpsf0d79cf1.jpg

now mot'd and legal again
advisories for lots of scrape marks on the centre pin and notches in the chassis
and a steering wheel that looks like its been eaten by a bear. :lol:

So no ninove for me instead I went round to see my Ma while I was there I took advantage of the dry garage and had a little tweek of my carbs and got them back in sync ish.

9F9EC456-34FA-4BB0-8475-EDBA594FAF16-379-0000003102CF3ACA_zps79729c85.jpg

Also need to figure out my speedo readings
Oh and stop harassing cars in the outside lane

so the harassing cars didn't last very long at all
2125EEBE-6CA7-43DB-A02A-B6B3F035F837-6950-0000045F8DE17312_zpsf1289e18.jpg

pretty sure there is supposed to be a bit more metal here instead of a fucking great hole.
pretty much a year to the day i got the engine i've destroyed it.
Fuck busses fuck big engines
back on the road for 4 days and now its stuck at my parents as it was closer to them and at least i don't need to look at the stupid thing.
Will be back on the road soonish i guess probably only to sell it though as its caused me more grief than anything else i have ever owned

sjc said:
so the harassing cars didn't last very long at all
2125EEBE-6CA7-43DB-A02A-B6B3F035F837-6950-0000045F8DE17312_zpsf1289e18.jpg

pretty sure there is supposed to be a bit more metal here instead of a fucking great hole.
pretty much a year to the day i got the engine i've destroyed it.
Fuck busses fuck big engines
back on the road for 4 days and now its stuck at my parents as it was closer to them and at least i don't need to look at the stupid thing.
Will be back on the road soonish i guess probably only to sell it though as its caused me more grief than anything else i have ever owned

Sorry only saw the last entry to the thread now, after I posted my previous one.
How the hell did a huge chunk like that get blown out? That looks pretty sad :cry:
Hope you can get it sorted soon. it's already got the worst behind it MOT. :msn4:

Good luck, and all the best man.

race shack built the motor about 5 years ago so well out of any warranty. plus they don't exist anymore.

From starting to pull it appart it would appear the barrel cracked first then the piston exploded and took out a chuck of the case.
As far as for why fuck knows it was running perfectly temperature and oil pressure was good.
Then Bang :evil:

sjc said:
race shack built the motor about 5 years ago so well out of any warranty. plus they don't exist anymore.

From starting to pull it appart it would appear the barrel cracked first then the piston exploded and took out a chuck of the case.
As far as for why fuck knows it was running perfectly temperature and oil pressure was good.
Then Bang :evil:

Ouch :( Feel sorry for you buh, had my fair share of engine issues.

Latest posts