Mounting a spot light / fog light on my bumper - bracket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volksluva

Reaction score
This is driving me mad. I've just got hold of a really lovely old Lucas spot light / fog light. I don't mind drilling a hole in my bumper. I recently went to look at an Early Bay with fog lights and they were mounted using what I can only describe as 2 U brackets with a bolt going through the middle (horizontally) to make it work as a hinge with holes in each end of the 'U', (vertically) one to attach the spot and one to bolt it to the bumper. I've spent hours searching for a bracket like this without luck. I'm probably using the wrong name or description?!?!

Does this make any sense - Can anyone help or suggest an alternative mounting method!!??

Ta!!!

Jay

:?: I just drilled a hole bolted a flat piece of metal I'd cut and painted about 3inches long and inch and half wide then bolted spot to that.

I didn't want to drill holes in my freshly powdercoated bumper so I bolted them on the original bracket holes.

Foto-BYNKEWOB-D.jpg

Try nipping to a local scooter shops , if the sell stuff for mod racks they have several different clamps which can be used.

This might help ... I didn't want to drill holes in my bumper for my licence plate so I made these brackets from some flat stock steel and a couple of nuts & bolts. The bend in the brackets slides onto the top of the bumper from behind and tightening the bolt pinches the bumper between the bolt and bracket. My plate hasn't moved a bit and I like the positioning better than square across face of the bumper. You may need a larger bolt and thicker steel to support the weight of your lights ... but it could work.

Latest posts