Fitting Overriders Help Please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I fitted my overriders that I got for joint birthday and christmas :)

So where do they go?.

Rear First..

Here is my starting point

ORider1.jpg

I've started on the rear by bolting to the outer bumper bracket mount and it looks a bit wrong.

ORider2.jpg

Think it looks better in line with the light but that will mean drilling a hole in the bumper for the coach bolts which I'm happy to do unless told otherwise.

ORider3.jpg

I haven't looked at the front yet and I've welded and smoothed the front bumper so there are no visable bolts so will mean drill holes in the front bumper. .. any pointer where they should go and pics much appreciated.

TVM

After a late night of google imaging.. who'd believe it would be so hard to find pics of rear ends of early bays with overriders on.. well finding photos which were from directly behind rather than on an angle where it was difficult to tell was my main issue searching.

Anyway found a couple on here looking through the gallery and it def looks like they mount through the outer mounting bolt which makes sense (certainly from an impact perspective) even though it is out of alignment with rear light which I find a little annoying :)

I'm guessing its the same deal with the front ones.

rallye dale said:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35239&start=280

Cheers for that Dale ended up reading your whole thread (think it was 1am by the time I got through it :) ) and I don my cap to you what great work and answered query with yer pics so thank you

My rears on the outer most bumper mounting bolt

Fronts are set at the same distance apart as the rear, I didn't like the look using the bumper bolts. Its hard to tell in this pic but I also
cut out the inner profile so they sit square on to the front and not aiming outwards following the curve of the bumper

Cheers for the replies guys.

Nugsy I like what you've done by spacing them out to match the rear.. When I offered mine up I was thinking it looked better more spaced apart...so think I'll go with that and do as you have done and cut a slice off one side to get them pointing forward.

Cheers

Latest posts