Mounting Inverter in Westy rear cupboard

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverob73

Reaction score
Anyone mounted their inverter in the Westy rear cupboard?
Just wondering if the shelf is strong and stable enough to fix it to, and if the space in there is enough to keep it cool?

It's a 1000w inverter.

Don't think westy cupboards came with shelves originally?
Shouldn't have a problem though most of the inverters have a cut out switch on them.
Although the main requirement for where to fit it is really were you want to plug appliances into it.
I think under the rock and roll bed is good place - so you can drop the door down to plug stuff in ?? Just a thought !
Have you gt your leisure battery circuit wired up now mate?

Yes mate, leisure battery is in :D

I think some electrics were damaged when the battery tray was welded, so i got Chris the Sparkie to sort out the mess and then put in the leisure battery.

I meant put the inverter on the shelf in the rear cupboard with the pull down door, the one right at the back, not the tall cupboard that has the coat hooks.

Because my starter battery is on the left (new battery tray welded) the leisure battery is on the right, so I was thinking it would be better for the cables to run into the cupboard above the battery, then run a cable ending in a plug socket somewhere more accessible. I suppose a bonus is using that door to access the inverter doesn't get in the way when the kids are in the bus too.

Oh right got ya yeah wouldn't see a prob with that set up at all - whatever suits your needs best I'd say mate :D

Cheers Rob,
Yeah, I was just wondering if it had to be bolted down really securely onto the metal of the bus or if the shelf was ok.

I suppose I could just open the cupboard door if it got hot :)

Daverob73 said:
Cheers Rob,
Yeah, I was just wondering if it had to be bolted down really securely onto the metal of the bus or if the shelf was ok.

I suppose I could just open the cupboard door if it got hot :)

nah you can screw it down to the wood - should have a thermal cut out mate

Latest posts