My 1968 Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the van is finally back on the ground, and also much closer to it :D The ride quality is fantastic. I was shocked at how the ride quality didn't change from stock. Had some trouble with tyres rubbing the top of the wheel arch, but I sorted that with lower profile tyres. All I need now is a new pair of shocks and thats it, couldn't be happier :D

Here is a picture from yesterdays meet, hope you like it, more pics should be coming soon.

Looks SO much like mine man , QUALITY !!!

8) 8) 8)

What size tyres are you running ??

Thanks for the compliments guys. in the picture the tyres are 185 60 14, and it was rubbing like crazy on bumps, but yesterday i changed them to 165 55 14 and no rubbing what so ever :D

I'm looking to lower my front end just a little more but not as far as yours since I'm rolling new 186/65R14s up front. Nice van :D

I would suggest dropped spindles if your lowering. With 185 60 i had about 2 inches of clearance from the wheel tubs with a 5 1/2 inch drop. so with mild lowering 185 65 should be good :D

Looks nice buddy, what wheels are they ? 14" or 15"

-------------------------------------
Michigan Missile1970 L87 Westy

This looks great, I want your suitcases! Any daylight pictures of the interior? Did you redo the upholstery?

The rims are 14", they are the stock ones that came with the van. I also have a set of empi wide five I was going to fit, but the offset wouldn't work. The suit case, some I got for free from friends and family , and the rest I found on the streets. People put them out for the trash man and I took them home lol :msn4:

This is my stash so far :D

Here is some interior pics. The bench is home made, and flips into a bed. I still need to upholster the cushions. Also the front seats need covering, but they work for now.

Haha me neither :lol: But you know how it works, you need to compromise with the girlfriend, I like low cars and she likes flowers and patterns so like this we're both happy :D

Yesterday was a public holiday, so it was a good time to take the van for a ride. Hope you like the pictures 8)

http://s794.photobucket.com/user/vwbaywindow67/media/IMG_20140209_170258092_HDR_zps6162b2ab.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Grazy, I do my best :D Thinking of changing my shocks to Monroe air shocks. What do you think?

Looking good, like the handbrake !
Your brave running that low on Maltese roads, 8) is there still lots of classics on the road as there were years ago last time I visited ? Used to love the old busses and the people were so welcoming.
loved Malta . :mrgreen:

kevinbmx said:
Thanks Grazy, I do my best :D Thinking of changing my shocks to Monroe air shocks. What do you think?

Your van mate , your rules , but im guessing you would be wanting to tub wheel arches to go much lower ??

Mine isnt tubbed or notched --- Yet :msn4:

Latest posts