My 1968 Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbmx

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my 1968 panel. Bought it 2 years ago. It was in a fairly poor state. Over these 2 years it has had lots of welding done and a respray. Had a lot of issue with the clutch, only to fin out I had a faulty pressure plate and trust bearing.

More pics to come.

My plans are to lower it and drive it as much as possible :D To lower it I'm going to convert to king and linkpin, already have the beam and dropped spindles. Would you suggest I narrow the beam or keep it stock, since it's already narrower than a ball joint beam?

That's gorgeous, would go well with my 68 Kombi, got any resto pictures?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the kind comments.

Here are some pictures from the resto.

Basically it had the usual rust issues, under the windscreen, doglegs and some on the roof. The previous owner started to strip it down to bear metal but when he found the rust he just gave up. With my country being very humid, it started the rust again straight away, so I had to go bare metal again before the respray which took what seemed like forever.

Thanks but it's not going to remain stock for any longer. :mrgreen: Not going super low but low enough. This lowering thing is a sickness. My girlfriend is contantly asking why everything has to be lowered :lol: Gues who knows ey

Some updates. Van soon going closer to the ground :D

Finished my k&l Axles and dropped spindles, and also got my butsy bites horseshoe plates. All i need now is smaller tyres and some time lol.
Hopefully when i get of work early i will start to put the new bits on :)

Looks really nice there Kevin , looks like my vans posh twin brother ! 8) 8)

I wish mine will look half as good as yours :lol: you've been my inspiration since I found this sight

Nice panel Kevin! Much like mine ... maybe ours are LHD/RHD twins? Mine has an 18 Jan '68 birthday. Yours?

Latest posts