My 1969 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool 8)

I've got a nice brown cargo area mat if your interested??
But yours looks like it'll clean up nice!!

Been making quite a bit of progress over the last two weeks. Bus has been MOT'd, registered and has it's new UK plates. Got the bus on the drive today and started cleaning/polishing.
WOW at the difference between polished/non polished. Autoglym is excellent stuff.

Before
img1740v.jpg

During
img1743hd.jpg

After (Only managed the sliding door/rear panel)
img1746ig.jpg

Chromilicious
img1748y.jpg

Finished all the polishing today. Also bought some chrome polish and that came up great too.
The paint is truly gorgeous and we're all taken aback by the difference before and after.

img1761cc.jpg

img1763v.jpg

Need to replace all the seals now so will be on the phone with custom and commercial tomorrow. Going to be a costly phone call I think.

Wow, what a nice deluxe. Good work with the polishing.

On the bumpers and wheels - give them a fine wet and dry, T cut, then polish. It will surprise you how nice they will come up.

Thanks for all the great comments. I'll get some tcut and have a go at the wheels/bumper.
Just ordered all the seals so feeling a little shaky and faint. :lol:

VanillaBear said:
Thanks for all the great comments. I'll get some tcut and have a go at the wheels/bumper.
Just ordered all the seals so feeling a little shaky and faint. :lol:

Try 0000 steel wool and http://www.jelmar.com/CLRbasic.htm on the bumpers and wheels. Then use some polish. The CLR will remove the rust staining on the white and once polished you will be amazed. If you can't find CLR in the UK ask your local janitor supply store for something equivalent. CLR stands for Calcium ,Lime, Rust remover.

This arrived today from Status. I'm still not sure that it will fit the bit needing welding as there is no curve on the bottom right but I'll leave that for the welder to decide. He comes on Monday.
Spent yesterday/this morning stripping out all the seals and cleaning up the inserts.

Had a bit of progress with various things over the last two weeks. Getting the floor sorted and preparing to book for a new headliner/trim so going to start insulating/sound proofing soon.
Had a bit of time today so decided to try and get the original insulation material off.

Before
photo1wur.jpg

After
ae2bb2bae19884fb7f47573e39fdc1c4.jpg

Not finished, going to try petrol tomorrow to get rid some of the really sticky stuff.

Finally made some progress with the bus.
Before
img1817qt.jpg

After
12ca51310992426c950753797e54ec5f.jpg

The front windscreen was changed as it had a crack, new German seals in and small rust patches under the seal repaired.
photo18sa.jpg

Just trying to sort out the heating now, I'm getting a lot of heat coming from the rear vents (under the rear seat) but only cold air from the cab, any ideas?

Also going to be soundproofing/insulating shortly.

Just for my own records.

To do list
Replace seals - this weekend
Interior rust tackling
New interior wiring
Soundproofing / insulation
Headliner
Sound system

All the window, door and body seals were replaced with German seals on Monday, so that should stop the water pouring in.
It's now chucking it down so I guess I'll find out shortly.

Pic looking sad in the rain, view from my room:

photo8iv.jpg

Latest posts