my 1970 earlybay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as i know jim, it was no trouble above and beyond the trouble it usually causes. it came from here i think:

http://campershop.co.uk/devon-bw68.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for the link ,looks like they have got every thing i need.Give us a shout when you come over for your grand island tour,there are some camp sites a little out of the way if you need to chill out .

took a couple of pics on sunday, backstage area of simply red gig @ osborne house on the iow. interior a little further on, altohugh not fixed in permanently ... and a couple of pics with a nice beetle owned by a friend. in total 3 buses and the beetle were there.

CIMG3487.jpg

CIMG3488.jpg

CIMG3485.jpg

CIMG3490.jpg

CIMG3493.jpg

some i took today on the mobile, portsdown hill above portsmouth. joined for a while by a late bay:

SP_A0094.jpg

SP_A0092.jpg

hmm, my letter or registration says 1970 (dec 29) but the m plate thing says 1971 (jan 5). but anyway, the radio is in:

CIMG3503.jpg

cooker in place, but still to be fitted (with nifty grill attachment):

CIMG3552.jpg

and more pics up on the hill today:

CIMG3516.jpg

CIMG3541.jpg

CIMG3533.jpg

What a transformation :shock: very nice bus, and I like the interior, a credit to you sir :D
I also like crumpets too ;)

thanks, its coming along.

interior as it stands:
CIMG3781Small.jpg

and from outside:
CIMG3771Small.jpg

got the gas in, cooker and heater off one bottle. i was toying with the idea of using the bottle holders that go through the floor (they came with the interior - same size as the cut outs) but not too keen on cutting big holes:
CIMG3761Small.jpg

and, this for the hook up. in the wardrobe:
CIMG3759Small.jpg

Was this van rebuilt by a bloke called Nobby by any chance? It's just that I recognise the van with the palm trees!

Matt.

Your van is looking lovely ,it looks even better in the flesh.Had a nose at it at beachbuggin .
It's hard to belive from the photos you had that it's the same bus,it's a credit to you and your mate.
keep up the good work

Very nice van - some good work done there 8)

You need some hole in the floor near your gas bottle - the gas is heavier than air so will escape through the hole in the floor instead of stying in the vehicle ;)

Just read this thread from start to finnish. Sweet looking Bus 8) .
Loving the nifty Grill attachment and the Babs Windsor plate :mrgreen:

thanks all. its been done to a decent standard, if not exactly mint.

gninnam - yes, the hole thing is causing me some thought. like i said, toying with the idea of the metal gas bottle holders through the floor. but maybe just a hole will be ok. trying to get a gas safety test booked at the moment.

jim - cheers. shame i missed you, i was around for most of the day. he's done a pretty good job. it is his first total resto type job and i'm happy with it. it needs a decent paint job but that is my fault as i had the option of a proper job before he put it back together.

anyway, nearly finished. just need to sort a bit of headlining out to the rear of the poptop. might put a locker there. and then sort the fuel lines, solenoid cut out switch, fire extinguisher, move the fuel filter and get a leisure battery charger fitted.

well, just had what i think will almost be the final stuff done .... bar a decent paint job and an overhead locker of some kind:

1641 piston kit, fuel lines replaced, fire extinguisher fitted, alternator conversion, pertronix and fuel filter moved:

IMG_0008Small.jpg

vent for the gas bottle:

IMG_0009Small.jpg

new headlights and indicators:

IMG_0020Small-1.jpg

new (old) heater levers and a clock (can just see), and the little red light between the speedo and clock is wired in to the extinguisher:

IMG_0019Small.jpg

leisure battery charger:

IMG_0016Small.jpg

and an old picture of the ipod conection in the glovebox to the period radio:

IMG_0017Small.jpg

and i've had the windscreen washer changed to electric, a little pump hidden away and operated by the the wiper stalk. just need to get out and use it more now :D

Latest posts