My 1970 resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pics with progress on the van. I'm hoping that all panels and bodywork will be done within the next couple of months. Then it will be off to be sprayed and then looking to getting it MOT'd. Well thats the plan anyway!!

SA700862.jpg

12a.jpg

13a.jpg

SA700856-1.jpg

11a.jpg

logo.jpg

Looks like someone has their work cut out.

Great to see things coming along, has given me more inspiration - I have less to do !!

went to see this van at the weekend as i,m a friend of marks , the way it,s coming along it,ll ber finished real soon

A few more pics of progress. Should be finished this week (well as least the welding). I'm getting the van back at the end of the week and then starting the preparation for spraying it.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a cheap body sprayer in the shropshire area?

SA700894-1.jpg

SA700903.jpg

SA700902.jpg

SA700901.jpg

SA700892-1.jpg

SA700893-1.jpg

SA700898-1.jpg

SA700896-1.jpg

T2-Nate said:
Damn, you got a real hands-on approach there, amateur hour is clearly over here :party0007:

Agree - some very nice work going on there fella. 8)
Take it the van tipper thingy helps alot too - think of selling it when you have finished :?:

First plans are to get the bodywork prepped for spraying to keep the cost down. Not sure on colour whether to keep the Neptune blue or sky blue or beige :?

Bought some POR 15 to paint the underneath to keep the dreaded rust away.

Going to replace all the interior with new units. Its cost me a fortune so far and the funds are getting low. Would love to get it on the road this year but that could be wishful thinking.

What ideas you got for the interior? Are you planning on getting your dad to knock something up?
Planning on sorting my interior out but not sure what way to go yet.
Have you got ot home yet?

Here are some long awaited updated pictures of the van. Its at the final stages now for being prepped and should be sprayed soon.

I'm still un-decided on the final colour :?

SA700970.jpg

SA700971.jpg

SA700972.jpg

SA700973.jpg

SA700975.jpg

SA700977.jpg

SA700969.jpg

Looking good matt, thought you'd decided on the colour already (Savannah Beige with the black removed?)
Let me know when its back at home and i'll get the tools ready :lol:

Some serious resto work trere :D
Very commendable :D
How about L50H bright blue for the colour , like a more washed out neptune blue very stylish :)

Cheers. Obviously the paint job needs to be done and then put all the removed parts back i.e engine, new brakes, new interior and new seals.

Si, I'm still having doubts about the colour, but I think its going to be a light one.

Lee C, I'm trying to find an example of L50H bright blue. Is it like a baby blue?

Very impressed Tintop, excellent resto ;)

All that time and money will come to fruition when you get the colour on it. :D

Latest posts