my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top job and shitter about the eye, i find a piece of A4 and dark sunglasses work much better than squinting :D

Chinese%2BWelders%2BMask.jpg

btw are those those little skinnies you picked up on the merc rims :shock:

no johnny no merc rims, all porker rims, i assume you mean the 928 flats in the pics. they are actually 16's with 165 40 16 nankangs on. the tyres i got off you are wrapped around some porsche 944 turbo alloy spares with some 175 55 15's on the back but they are gettin saved for when simply brushing the grass is just not good enough, and weedeatin is the only option. :shock:

its been a dub related week but not all about the camper.

this has gotta go so it is currently sat around my workshop gettin standardised (although the coilovers are going with it).

Image060-1.jpg

Image061-1.jpg

its been a love hate relationship. its cost quite a bit since ive owned it but i suppose it did look ok when i finnaly found a way of lowering it even though it cost £350 for the cheapest and only way i could find.

it made way for this badboy. one owner 90k 2000 x plate. ex motorbility and vw serviced from new to the max. lovin it and pimpin it this weekend. roled with the wheelchair ramp for a week but that has now gone. next on the list is swappin the rims with the ones off the sharon. then i can get the ruler out and work out the droppage.

newvan1.jpg

newvan2.jpg

newvan4.jpg

spazramp7.jpg

the van is creeping closer to the road. trying to drill as many holes in it as possible as i'd hate to have to drill any when its painted.

came up with a great idea to get the holes in the right place on the roof and cut the area from the roof i bought to take the graft from. its guna get stashed in the loft in case anyone ever wants to borrow it in the future.

rdrill9.jpg

rdrill3.jpg

rdrill12.jpg

rdrill2.jpg

rdrill10.jpg

rdrill13.jpg

rdrill14.jpg

rdrill15.jpg

rdrill1.jpg

after looking into the numerous holes in my new roof, i have decided that i am going to run a full bed up top. as my roof is off a late bay continental. i have decided to go down the route of sourcing a westy continetal roof bunk which shold be great for the kids.

rdrill8.jpg

rdrill7.jpg

rdrill6.jpg

rdrill5.jpg

cheers dude. im drilling out the beltline at the mo for the deluxe beltline trim. then its going over on its side for a bit.

finished drilling out the beltline and decided to get it over again

finalflip1.jpg

finalflip2.jpg

finalflip4.jpg

sadly the welding that i did on the bus when it was last on this side isnt as good as i do now (new welder, and a bit more experience) so i have decided to revisit a few of them..

also tried on my new ce narrowed deep thread track rods

rad5.jpg

rad6.jpg

then made a slight mod to the front central chassis box section

rad1.jpg

rad3.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad4.jpg

should free up a bit of space for my rads

and im now up to three of three badboys

Image070-1.jpg

one more when i can scoop one cheap enough on ebay and they will be getting rubbered up with the 165 50 15 and 175 55 15 part worn tyres i have sat in the workshop.

cant beat a bit of rimage :D

yes johnny they are. they measure a very friendly 5.5 x 15 with an offset of et30 so are ideal for a full set of wheels for a bus. im sure they will never actually get on my bus as im still lovin the 16 inch cup ones on it at the mo.

no mate they are made of about 12mm think cast alloy. i'd prefer to run on these than some of those chocolate replica audi or bmw wheels you see folk rolling around on :?

the wheels are just standard wheels. the bit that makes it a speed limited wheel is the dreadful colapsable tyres that will be in the bin soon.

i wanted to get a full set of merc spares as the are the same type of wheel but in black. sadly they go for rather a lot more than i spend on bits.

Cheers for the reply and makes sense - knew the tyres are rubbish (limited to 50 mph or something) but wasn't sure about the wheel. :mrgreen:

no wonder i couldnt find any space savers on fleabay, youve got them all :lol:

i think ill try get an extra cookie cutter instead, i thought the space savers were alot thinner than 5.5 :|

if you run 15 inch porsche rims on you bus with low profile tyres. these collapsable spares are no use as when you inflate them the tyre wall is like a balloon, 70 or 80 profile. also most of them havent been inflated for a decade or two if ever. so are usually perished. the last one i pumped up had so many rotten leaves say inside the folded side wall, after we'd finished inflating it we had a handful of compost.
spare wheels take up too much room. i may just run a can of tyre weld and a compressor since i removed my spare wheel well to mount my charge cooler.

doesnt tireweld make a terrible mess when replacing the tire? i was told alot of places wont touch a wheel thats had it used?

Latest posts