My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bus! how low is she now?
I seen it at the vanvest 2006.
What wheels are u going to put on it?

DSC01006.jpg

Haven't done much, lowered front and back, using it all year round as much as I can, back and for work she's been fantastic....going to twin carbs possibly twin 34 ICT's any suggestions or recommendations welcome ???? :?
DSC01003.jpg

Really happy with may wheels bought from ebay with brand new goodyear tyres, blasted and painted then locally..need some more money to do some more work. :D
DSC01005.jpg

Bay-low71 said:
....going to twin carbs possibly twin 34 ICT's any suggestions or recommendations welcome ????

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=502

Nice price and genuine, plus the exchange rate is too good at the moment :)

A full kit twin webers with manifolds for around £200 + postage (£40 i think) add about 10-20% for import duty, but try to get them sent by USPS air, as they are less likely to sting you with duty.

Nice van 8)

cool deluxe you got there. Go with the dual webers from CB performance....I did and never looked back.

Yeah, i can recommend CB, cost about £200 plus shipping cost about £80, but i got stung £70 by customs !, still a good deal and real quality

greg said:
nice bus there bros but personally i find K&K expensive;

if any of you guys wanna buy a proper bus for a reasonable price then let me know;

a friend of mine has an old cow stable filled up with T2 busses!

You mean Albert?
Yes, KenK is too expensive for Germany! The prices are much higher than here. Bays and Splits become more and more cars for snobs or rich guys here, because no one else has cash money anymore for a bus. And the market for nice busses is empty in Germany. Everything´s going to NL oder UK :-(

But we are here now :)

Been going to visist partner's family in Ostfriesland in the campers now for 10 years and never seen a bulli anywhere ....... :( Somebody on the ssvc forum has just been up there - only 8km from the family! - and got a gorgeous splitty taht's been in a barn for 14 years... Grrr!!! ;)

The place of the barn in Ostfriesland was Hinte (a village) ... I´ve seen the split long time ago. At that time, the split wasn´t for sale :-(

The strip out, thought i'd find things alot worse....little bit of hammerite and few panels in the cab, and rear flooring, the black tape is where the holes are. Dreading taking the windows out though look nice the 3/4 and deluxe trim but gone johnny rotten.

DSC01770.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

Still haven't purchased the twin carbs but difinately buying from CB performance, also going for the custom look bus not original. Although original looks tasty you can put more of your own slant of things, colours, toys, interior, engine, rock on and lets down and dirty. Keep you all posted on progress and decisions and no copying ha ha. !!!!

faux Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just down the road too, haven't seen it about but a South Wales meet may be on the cards.

Bus looks cool

Where abouts are you in newport faux as there is quite a few of us bay owners in the area. I previously lived of corporation road near the pirelli club, no moved obviously.....

Done a bit of work on the drive in the freezing cold, as you can see found a few holes nothing as bad as others within the gallery you must all mad as 10 bears....

DSC00007.jpg

Just a few bits to sort out on the passenger side

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

And a little on the drivers side

DSC00010.jpg

Going to renew the cab floor both sides i think, as well as weld a few patches in the rear floor pan. Also eagerly awaiting my twin 34 ICTs from CB performance yippeeee

Will probably end up selling the red wheels which i had powder coated as i've always wanted to fit 17" spuds on her, I think they look sweet with nice big alloys, still lots to do before then though.

I wish i had more tools for the bloody job though................takes a age

dude...your bus is schweet!!! im a gret fan of the red rim whitewall combo....thought about meself recently but cant justify after spending a couple o hundred bucks refurbing my sa sprints!

keep up the good work....

Been a little busy lately but managed to get some of that poxy orange shit out of bits of my bus its just never ending really, but can't wait to get it all finished so I can pas her on to the paint shop.....anyway heres a few more progress pics, hope you like the blue!!!!! its just a temporary thing just to cover the bear metal for the time being.

DSC01819.jpg

The windows look lovely but don't half rot like buggery

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

I think i pissed the neighbours right off with the old disc grinder going for bloody ages, also lost my ear plugs so my ears are ringing just like the morning after going to a total rave up......to be young again !!!

DSC01834.jpg

Ok thats it for now, got another three windows to do which are an absolute nighhtmare, the missus and I were out till 19:00 in the evening freezing our tits off trying to put the side centre window back in, its all good clean fun.....happy restoration to all on earlybay.com rock on summertime.

[/code]

.... my ears are ringing just like the morning after going to a total rave up......to be young again !!!

I remember that feeling...5 a.m, outside and still shouting... A couple more years and it'll all come back, unfortunately for the wrong reasons! javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

You are doing a good job. I hope that once you have completed the front and it is looking nice you check out your braking system as I don't want you spoiling it by running up my rear end again!!!!! :oops:

Nice day for it again today, didn't get much do though need to get a compressor sharpish will save one hell of alot of hassle.....

Freezing me bloody cobs off
DSC01838.jpg

O.K. people take a look at these picks whilst removing the rear bumpers and engine surround I had a look at the engine mounts and heres what i found is this normal to have cracks in this area???

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

So next purchase has to be a compressor and maybe a mig welder

There is one of them on ebay ben here is the link :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-BAY-68-70-ENGINE-MOUNT-CAMPER-BUS-SPLIT_W0QQitemZ140208166062QQihZ004QQcategoryZ27385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok had some good weather, so decided to get the engine out to give me something to do when it's pissing down, as you can see no garage to work in, looks like she'll be off the road this summer. Hoping to get back on the road by Vanfest......HOPING !!!

DSC00013.jpg

Managed to get the engine in the back using the trolley jack on my own, bit of a struggle but got there eventually.

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

Next job to get all the tin ware off, once the fan is off the alternator, then clean up service and fit my new 34's from CB performance...