My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank stripped bearings swapped to standard. Flywheel swapped for lightened, torqued with 2 shims hopefully will give me a 0.003" float, that'll be nice. Had the help and use of a good friends workshop today thanks to Pete @ Napstok customs in Cinderford.

Got home and started to build for a dry run to check crank end float, run out of time before a set of night shifts. Good progress made today though.

yvapuna9.jpg

Also made contact with Nick at the Busbox to get some ideas down for units. Things are slowly coming together. Hope the money trees start growing soon in the garden.

Good to see progress mate , What colour is that , looks like mine L245 light grey , (could be L345) :?

Grazy said:
Good to see progress mate , What colour is that , looks like mine L245 light grey , (could be L345) :?

Yeah your right L245, I've only sent in artificial light at the moment and was quite surprised how green it looked.
Also amazed on the difference lighting has on colour, seen many a thread same van different light & yet colour can be so dramatically different it could of been resprayed if you didn't know....Grazy you got any pics of your bus? Promise not to copy, scouts honour ;-)

Here is my thread mate lots of pictures in lots of different lights

But yes the Grey can look Green in certian lights ! 8)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20193&hilit=portugese+Van" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just read the whole thing!!!!
Fantastic quality of work!!
Looks like it's eventually coming together now!!!

Grazy said:
Here is my thread mate lots of pictures in lots of different lights

But yes the Grey can look Green in certian lights ! 8)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20193&hilit=portugese+Van" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's great to see the bus evolve, loving the stance & some great pics too....

Lee C said:
Just read the whole thing!!!!
Fantastic quality of work!!
Looks like it's eventually coming together now!!!

Thanks Lee, yeah momentum is picking up now, need to get cracking on the engine now, got a jolly on Friday to see nick @ the bus box for some interior ideas. With Bromsgrove auto trimmers booked for August 14th that'll come round all to quick, Nick will have it then once they've finished so hoping for Busfest or Brighton all being well that's including the wellness of my bank balance.
After selling my t5 GP 2010 this is now a keeper and will hopefully be passed down to my son, he's 3 at the mo so it's mine for a while yet he absolutely loves Veedubs...but has never been driven in my van it's been down the yard for 4years now on the 27th march....going to bake it a cake me thinks.

ujehu2ap.jpg

Keep smiling peeps

The crank float is now checked with 2 shims fitted its smack on 0.003" happy with that. Now onto the strip down thorough clean, remember to fit the 'O' ring in the back of the flywheel then the final rebuild.

Had the dog in the garage for some company looks like the tombstones got Winston's seal of approval.

a3upusyn.jpg

Bay-low71 said:
The crank float is now checked with 2 shims fitted its smack on 0.003" happy with that. Now onto the strip down thorough clean, remember to fit the 'O' ring in the back of the flywheel then the final rebuild.

Had the dog in the garage for some company looks like the tombstones got Winston's seal of approval.

a3upusyn.jpg

Like!

Bit of an update, Andrew has been really busy painting and I'm absolutely blown away by his patience and quality of his work, he does this all in his spare time.
Here's some pics of the recent bits...

ajutuhyj.jpg

ytypaty2.jpg

ju9agy3y.jpg

apa3y8yt.jpg

a7epu5aj.jpg

A man happy in his work !!!

ajytugaz.jpg

8u9e4yva.jpg

a4u7azym.jpg

Helped set up doors in booth should be in paint now....

yby9u9az.jpg

zeryvyte.jpg

The big rebuild is soon to start, credit card at the ready !!!!!

WOW 8)

Very nice and a great job he is doing with the paint work :mrgreen:

Latest posts