My 1971 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
radish said:
Great looking bus here mate.

What did you do with the old mustard vinyl? I just bought a stool that could do with recovering. ;)
I'll probably be offering it up on here in few days

Padwah said:
radish said:
Great looking bus here mate.

What did you do with the old mustard vinyl? I just bought a stool that could do with recovering. ;)
I'll probably be offering it up on here in few days

1st dibs on the rock and roll seat cover (base) if you split it.

It's L360 See Blue but I didn't think that there were two versions of it! I got the paint codes from the samba, I included the link to the paint codes in my reply to your PM.

Had quite a busy few weekends working on my bus recently, other than the dullness of replacing the seized star adjusters on my rear brakes so that I can get the van through it's MOT I've been sprusing up my interior.

I got hold of an easicool cooler recently which I'm using to replace the westy cool box, so I took apart the old fridge and removed it from the unit before inserting a new back plate to hide the water container and giving the area a quick cote of wood stain:

WP_000220.jpg

The fridge removed
WP_000222.jpg

The new cooler
WP_000225.jpg

All together

Whilst digging out the wood staing I came across a roll of hessian in my dads garage so I decided to recover my door cards:

WP_000234.jpg

WP_000236.jpg

We also decided to replace the wood headlining, the back and one of the side pieces are orginal but they're both delaminated and the old varnish is flaking off. The piece over the front had been replaced with some hard board and the other side piece was a a random bit of plywood. Unfortunately plywood we bought to replace it all with is a bit too stiff so we've only fitted the front section so far as it was a right pain to fit, plus the grain goes across the van rather than along it.
WP_000237.jpg

WP_000239.jpg

68_early_bay said:
Looking good :) nice colour and nice interior :D :D
The hessian is a different twist :D
Cheers :) The door cards weren't original anyway and had gotten a bit manky so when I found a massive roll of hessian it was a bit of a no brainer. Though I've just remembered that I didn't refit the plastic backing to the door card before I fitted it back to the door. Arse!

Headliner looks good! I know what your saying with it being a pain. I did manage to find a 5x5 sheet of Birch, which made it so the grain would go the right way! :D

Your bus is looking good!! :D

Latest posts