My 67 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd1984

Reaction score
Well i guessed it was about time id started a thread and put some pictures on so hear goes.

Got the van in March i think... :?: this is what it was like;

308b_3.jpg

4b8a_3.jpg

As you can see it needed a fair bit of work inside but body wise it's a peach!!

So firstly stripped all the door cards out and bench seats out the rear, there was a little bit of surface rust on the floor so ground that back, treated and painted the whole rear floor

101_0732.jpg

Did the same to the cab floor aswell, only a little bit of surface

IMG_0520.jpg

Then it was onto the window seals, I replaced all of them (being a deluxe it was a pain in the arse at the start but once got the hang of it it was ok. We ended up fitting all the new rubbers without the deluxe crome trim in at first as just couldn't work out how to get it back in. So this added a few extra days to the job.

101_0734-1.jpg

101_0735-1.jpg

The front door seals were all replaced aswell, also the sliding door. (Just got the engine lid and boot left now)

Also fitted new front seats
IMG_0530.jpg

In between all of this i had some major work done on the engine but it's running alot nicer now, also had new steering box fitted, heater pipes connected up, wiring sorted out, speedo connected up and some dials fitted.

New battery tray welded in and painted plus a new seal on the front screen
101_0739.jpg

This weekend I was oiled the whole van underneath and also inside the panels before the door cards go back on ( i used clear wax for all of this)
Also fitted a nice 5 bow roof rack and some jail bars
101_0736.jpg

101_0748.jpg

101_0749.jpg

Next up is the flooring to go in, using Madmatz kit for this so should be intersting. The westy bed and rear cushion is being made up now and re-covered so hopefully have this back in the next 4 weeks.

Got to get the curtain rails fitted soon as well as a certainly otherhalf has an unhealthy obsesion with them!! ;)

Once the floors down got the fridge to go in, got to find a buddy seat or make on and put the toilet in it. Then find a table and a few lights then job done......i think!

Ok this weekend went pretty well. Managed to get the stereo mounted, moved the dials cut out the wood for the floor. Also cut wholes in the bed for the speakers. I know some people will dislike it but the westy beds not in great condition anyway so what the hell. Pictures to follow

Going to try and paint the wheels in the evening this week, change engine and boot lid seals, new dissy cap and leads.

looking sweet :mrgreen:

gotta love those rock solid imports huh

baron said:
looking sweet :mrgreen:

gotta love those rock solid imports huh

Yer for sure. Only the battery tray been welded. Inside the panel behind the drivers seat there's been a small repair and there's a bit of masking tape on the repair dated 84 i think.

Sweet bus :D

Where did you get your deluxe rubbers from? I'm still waiting for two from Status which I ordered in January :(

Spence said:
Sweet bus :D

Where did you get your deluxe rubbers from? I'm still waiting for two from Status which I ordered in January :(

I got mine from custom and commercial. They wern't bad either.

Just got the van back having had the rear bumper straightened and painted, really glad I went for one in the end think it completes the rear of the van. Also had new tyres all round, painted the wheels white and fitted the front spot lights.

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Ok so managed to get most of the inside completed now, just got the rear cushion to come and get the vinyl floor laid. But this is it so far

100_0799.jpg

100_0795.jpg

100_0793.jpg

Hi guys nearly all finished now, as you can see from below got the floor in the back all sorted. Pretty pleased with it really. Also just put some mats in the front and dask from madmatz. Just a few more little things to do then she's done.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

mattd1984 said:

looking good, though i think you need to speak to mr whitewalls :D

interior looks smart, i've never seen those dash top mats before

Well nearly a year on since I last updated this build thread.

The van got all finished and as some of you are awear I went around Europe in it for 2 months. 6000 miles it was amazing and the van was super didnt fail at all really.

I have since lowered the van using red9 ez coilover kit. Down 4" at the front and also gone 1 outer spline at the rear. I am in the process of getting some 15" steels so they should be on soon with some lower profile tyres to bring it down a little more.

Changed the roof rack from a large 5 bow to a small industrial 2 bow which once cut down and painted will look awesome.

Now the big change has been getting the engine re-built by Richard Morena, its gone from a weak 1600sp that was not very well to a 1776, twin port, twin carbs, new exhaust, flame thrower ignition etc.

As some of you know this has taken a little longer than originally planned but not to worry. I spent a full 12 hours working on the van with a few mates helping on Saturday, didnt have a shirt on as it was so hot so you can imagine how dirty I was at the end of the day. Finally go the van fired up at around 10pm. Just got to run in in properly now before coming to dubs at the castle and holiday in Wales. So so happy to have it all done and back on the road. Will get some new pictures up soon.

Nice looking bus and looking forward to hearing about the engine mods ;)

Had quite a productive day on Saturday;

Re-wired the engine bay
Replace fuel line to pump
Referbed and painted front bumber
Adjusted carb linkage to get idle back down
Replaced throttle cable
Greased front beam and all cables
Wash and waxed the van
Ohh and the other half cleaned the inside.

Good times :)

Will get some updated pictures up tonight.

So as some of you will know the holiday in the van didnt happen as it kept cutting out 10 miles away from home. So changed the plans and went in the car instead.

Turned out to be the remote cooler fan cutting the power to the coil. Anyway all sorted now so im pretty chuffed with how its running. This weekend to Run to the Hills will be its first proper outing.

Didnt go the 15" route in the end, stuck to 14" steels with low profiles on the front. I think it looks pretty cool 8)

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Also fitted the cb radio this weekend, and gave the van a good clean. Will post more pictures soon.

Latest posts