my 68 delux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
68_early_bay said:
dubbedup67 said:
68_early_bay said:
Hiya Matt, no need to send them off, we've got a big dvla office in Nottingham, should be able to do it while you wait 8)

And framptons for number plates 8)

http://pl8s.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
Really I didn't think it could be done that quick.
With it being a us import.:/ cause that's awesome if it can.:)

Ah cheers dude.

Might be worth giving them a ring to make sure but when I've been down there I've seen peeps registering imports, and some had them on trailers in the car park with them lol

Haha nice.il give them a ring when I get paid then.
Is it just the v55 form,mot cert,insurance cert,title,proof of duty paid and import form I need?

dubbedup67 said:
Haha nice.il give them a ring when I get paid then.
Is it just the v55 form,mot cert,insurance cert,title,proof of duty paid and import form I need?

Matt,
Just registered mine and it took 2 days to come through. Didn't do it while I waited but really quick anyway.
You need all the forms you listed above.
There is a new process, but you'll be fine as your customs form 386 will be dated before it kicked in in May (I think?)

It's been sooooo long since I last updated this thread.

But I'm back and Dorothy is finally legal and up and running.
:D

To say I'm extatic is an understatement. She drives beautifully and I've only got a couple of niggling issues

Got my black and silver plates on order so for now she's running nasty yellow and white plastic plates. :oops: :lol:

Il put a pic or two up in a bit.

Glad to be back and to finally be able to use her.

Laters guys

Matt

Barkafer said:
:bliss: well done! Get them pics up soon
thanks man.

l get some pics up tomorrow
unfortunatly it looks like my regulator has given up as my genny light came on as i was driving the other night.started to smell burning electrics and bing the light came on. :cry:
i got her home...just but she aint charging.theres no burnt wires either under the dash or in the engiine bay so i can only assume its the reg thats burnt out.

anyone got a spare? :lol: :| :?:

dubbedup67 said:
Barkafer said:
thanks man.

unfortunatly it looks like my regulator has given up as my genny light came on as i was driving the other night.started to smell burning electrics and bing the light came on. :cry:
i got her home...just but she aint charging.theres no burnt wires either under the dash or in the engiine bay so i can only assume its the reg thats burnt out.

Bummer :?

I haven't got a spare Matt, but stick a wanted up on midland Aircooleds Facebook page, someone on there will have one local :mrgreen:

68_early_bay said:
dubbedup67 said:
Barkafer said:
thanks man.

Bummer :?

I haven't got a spare Matt, but stick a wanted up on midland Aircooleds Facebook page, someone on there will have one local :mrgreen:

managed to get hold of one.hopefully be here in a day or 2.:)

just need to get crackin on her interior.
i thuink she needs new seals all round tho so im not sure weather to wait until after this,it may mean going to a show without a bed to sleep on tho. :lol:

sneaky peak of her shiney new plates. :D
6D7B3335-7838-455A-A450-B5B6F5C78ED6_zpsrusfyi2t.jpg

so today,my friend came over and got cracking on her interior

we made the unit that runs along side the bed and i have to say,concidering we only had basic handtools and little carpentry skills,its come out rather nice.

during the build up (with my mate trying to not be in the photo.haha)
438B3FD4-ADE8-4260-90FA-289ACE5FC560_zpshkwazil1.jpg

and in,my plan is to have the doors and style of it looking like a westy unit,with the white handles and edging.
055796E1-1568-4C1B-9C42-B12E0B11971C_zpsurgy7dk6.jpg

and from the back
6B8C2E62-A03D-45E2-A1C6-D9574B292000_zps8hk8tpfc.jpg

my mate took more of the building process so il have to nab them off him and get them on here.
overall tho,very happy

just got sort out my table fitment and sort a buddy seat,again with the seat i might copy the westy design,i want it to look like an origional but different westy interior.it wont be spot on but something like will be nice.

thats all for now folks

matt

cheers guys
i still need to varnish/seal it and fit the white edging,need to work out how to do that as i dont have a router. :?

any tips on how to fit a skim board table? :lol:

It's update time.
Not a lot to report unfortunately due to dynamo issues
Long story short after many tests and replacement of parts that haven't worked :evil:
I'm going to upgrade to a one pin alternator that I've got in the back if the garage.
Just gotta figure out how to do it. :lol:

But in better news,I've finally got round to fitting a new tailgate seal as mine was leaking like the proverbial.

BC47326E-C918-42E6-934F-7A81B8ED197E_zpsltzs2qh2.jpg

90A29CFA-9BC4-4064-9317-73570A83C0FD_zpsazbgqulz.jpg

515771BA-B679-4280-873E-A3751AD1C9E9_zpstfsn2agi.jpg

It wasn't as bad a job as I was expecting,just hope it work,I don't intend on getting a nighttime shower every time it rains. :lol:

Also in light of this shite weather (really feel for you guys on the coasts and down south,stay safe)
I cleared out a bit of space in the garage and tucked her in.
E04E8626-31C3-4F3C-B0E5-F1BA39335A1C_zpsp3lz88zl.jpg

That's all for now folks,hopefully il be able to get on and sort out her alternator.

Matt

Right this is looooong over due.

Some of you may know that I had charging problems.but that's all sorted now with a genuine Bosch 1pin alternator.and she passed her mot last Wednesday with no advisories.

So I fitted my new floor and cabinet,have her a good wash vas took her to Big Bang for the day on Sunday.that was a good day.:)
Anyway pics time apologies for the crappy phone quality.my camera has given up now.:(
7E4D0E89-02EE-4C5D-B618-3995F2677334_zps6dw3wqgy.jpg

29E7A0AB-55A9-437F-AE36-60886447FF67_zps1bxbuyk9.jpg

53DD3160-11D5-4553-B2E8-B8B22B442952_zpszyd4r0h8.jpg

9ECC014D-8D52-43FC-AE48-FDF10FC7802C_zpsznifsqv3.jpg

227AAD23-CC5C-4706-BD42-2486C1986F95_zps2xns1ola.jpg

Oh yes and I've officially moved to nottingham so she was used as a moving truck.:)

Wow it’s been a while since I last updated this.
Given what’s going on and the time I have I thought what the hell so here goes.

A lot has changed since my last update.
Gone are the truck mirrors and various stickers
shes now lowered using WW dropped spindles and a stock splitty beam w adjustable spring plates at the back.
Now has a mostly full westy interior albeit with a later sink unit I got cheap.missing a headbanger unit if anyone has one?
So here’s how she stands now.

As of late I’ve decided to paint the rusty 356 reps white and painted the hubcaps grey for that commercial look.

I’ve modified the sink unit slightly to make it more practical for us.

And I’ve colour sanded and cut the bodywork to get rid of the oxidised rubbish that was there. Just need to polish and wax now.

I also made some new door cards

So that’s where I’m at.how about everyone else?
Stay safe people

Latest posts