My 69 Cali Weekender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done. Got a gig with the band on the 19th at Stogumber beer festival (opening for the Wurzels :lol: ) so will head up morning of the 20th.

:lol: :lol: you better start learning the city song mate...

see you before then,Brean april 12th one day event on a sunday and this http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=64075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good day today;

Collected the tinware and quarter light frames from the powder coater.

Fitted the dials into the new dash cluster.

Also took delivery of a load of engine seals, tinware screws, gaskets and stuff.

Need to crack on with cleaning the engine block so I can get it all back together and back in the bus.

Engine going back together... looks like I'm not making volksworld :(... keep slugging on with it - why does life get in the way of the good stuff?

It's not staying...

Planning on Metal pipework and filter out of the engine bay, or at the very least, new fuel pipe and filter out of the engine. Just fitted it back on for now so I could sweep the floor :msn4:

New stuff arrived today - stainless back box, good ridge fuel hoses, filter and heater leavers.

Got a weeks holiday next week to try and finally end this long journey.

So, made some progress - although discovering that the front beam adjusters were completely seized has taken most of the time - front end off completely and a load of effort to shift them - done now though and ride height is in a much better place.

Also got wheels back from powder coaters and got them on too...

Windows going in now - the 3/4 rear is a pain in the arse. But, progress is progress.

Cheers chaps.

Its been a long old slog, with work and stuff. But it's so damn close now - hoping to make a few shows this season.

Rich,

The shocks have been on it a while - KYB GR2's on the front - can't recall what length to be honest. It's on adjusters on the front set about halfway and creative adjustable spring plates on the back.

Latest posts