My 69 Cali Weekender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddysbuddy

Reaction score
We're new to the forum, thought we'd share our pride and joy - we bought him may 2007 and have already got some good use.....

30052007038.jpg

30052007040.jpg

IMG]http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk401/buddysbuddy_2008/30052007042.jpg[/IMG]

This is what the outside was like when we picked him up - bone dry, rock solid with a real bad repair down on the drivers side rear quarter and side panel

04062007051.jpg

04062007052.jpg

04062007053.jpg

04062007054.jpg

04062007055.jpg

Inside was pretty rough, and a bit of a frankensteins monster - later model seats etc....

13062007075.jpg

13062007076.jpg

13062007077.jpg

17062007093.jpg

17062007094.jpg

So we ripped it out......! :?

04102007239.jpg

04102007240.jpg

04102007241.jpg

And made it purdy, then put it back :lol:

04102007234.jpg

04102007235-1.jpg

04102007236.jpg

04102007238.jpg

04102007237.jpg

externally, just a good clean, some floral disguise for the bad repair at the moment.....

Future plans include a tap with the lowering stick and continue the fun......

thats real nice! 69 westy tin top, pearl white, snap! like what youve done with the interior. a good whack with that lowering stick, it will look well cool! :D :D

I agree, it's just convincing the wife.... she's afraid we'll sacrifice on ride quality if we drop it too far.

funny you should say that,i have the same problem! mines down 2 inches at the moment, but it will be going down another inch in a couple of weeks, much to her disgust!

What would be the best way to go about lowering it? I reckon we only want to go down an inch or two initially. Any advice on this would be cool 8)

mine has a red nine easy rider on front which does away with the torsion bars and has adjustable coil overs.they do two kits.one is 2-4 inch drop, and 4-6 inch drop. mine has 2-4 inch kit. there is a debate wether this is good way to lower a bus or not, but it seems to work fine. you can also have the beam cut and turned. this is probably the cheapest way to do it, but it means it will be non adjustable. the other way is to have a lowering kit fitted, which will be adjustable. on the rear my bus has 2" lowered spring plates from red 9(soon to be changed for 3"). the cheapest way is to have it turned a spline, but this i believe can influence the ride.the other way is adjustable spring plates, which gives you height adjustment, but these are a bit more expensive. check out my gallery thread, will give you an idea of what 2" down looks like.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4820

just thought you could also use drop spindles on the front. these i believe are about £250, but retain the origional ride quality. by the way forgot to say welcome to the forum!

Great News....!

Missus has agreed to let me drop the bus......!

When I say agreed, I'm not gonna tell her and see if she notices!

Having read through the forum Red9 seem a popular choice, does anyone have contact details?

cheers

J

http://www.red9design.com/type2.htm

popular and contraversial......

but there range is growing and looking better all the while.....

Why controversial?

Now I have doubt.....

What would be the general recommendation for a subtle lowering job?

cheers

drop spindles up front, currently avaliable frm the US only, and drop the back one spline or get some horseshoe plates. these are the two easiest options for a mild drop. you could also have adjusters welded in, cheaper but takes more work if you can do it yourself

buddysbuddy said:
Great News....!

Missus has agreed to let me drop the bus......!

When I say agreed, I'm not gonna tell her and see if she notices!

Having read through the forum Red9 seem a popular choice, does anyone have contact details?

cheers

J
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Despite it being a Sunday, Royal Mail, DHL and UPS all knocked my door this morning......

I know have these:-

054.jpg

053.jpg

and these:-

057.jpg

and these:-

056.jpg

Now all I need is the snow to stop and thaw, then i can get em on..... :D :D :D

fun times ahead dude

missed this thread before, lovin the floral rear corner :lol: good job

and the interior changed are first class

slammedresto said:
fun times ahead dude

missed this thread before, lovin the floral rear corner :lol: good job

and the interior changed are first class

Cheers,

Floral paint was one for the kids to cover a bad repair by the PO. It's lasted longer than I had thought, will be gone soon though!

Once this snow is gone I'll fit up everything new that I have horded, then strip him down and ship him off for prep and paint. Mango Green bottom half and Pearl white top.

Target is to be ready for Tredegar House this year :shock:

I'll keep you all posted with how it goes on here..... :D

robins said:
nice one jon like the wheels mate

Alright mate, still got to get over to you for my fuel solenoid, have you fitted yours yet?

BTW, door cards look neat mate.

(Bluebirds)

buddysbuddy said:
robins said:
nice one jon like the wheels mate

Alright mate, still got to get over to you for my fuel solenoid, have you fitted yours yet?

BTW, door cards look neat mate.

(Bluebirds)

no not fitted yet,will do it when the engines out again, twin carbs ;)

want to re laminate the bed and wardrobe where was it you got yours from and was that new edging you used.

that game will never get played in this weather

cheers rich

Couple o' days off, and weather is OK, thought I'd get some bits done this weekend -

After all the comments about MWS thought i'd pop the new wheels on and see what they look like.

Before:

061-1.jpg

After:

062.jpg

064.jpg

063.jpg

Wheels went straight on, no issues with fit, all good, well chuffed......but.....

Look at the gap between wheel and arch!!!! :roll: So.....

Up on stands, front beam off today, to weld the adjusters in

065.jpg

Adjustable spring plates to go on the rear, and my new S/S exhaust system arrived yesterday, so that'll be going on this weekend as well..

Good times :D

Latest posts