my 69 resto thats taking an age to do...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also stripped the dash and painted in primer,and also the firewall...

resto049.jpg

resto050.jpg

resto051.jpg

also spent 3 days getting the many layers of paint off the poptop,that was a pig of a job.... just needs filling in a few places and then it can be painted.... got to try and find somewhere that sells the striped plastic..... will post some more pics as soon as weather turns .... if anyone wants pics of specific areas thats no probs.... oh by the way alfie were neck and neck now.... c u soon mate....

Very impressed with the work done Crosser 8)

Keep those updates coming (and the all important piccies!!) :D

Very nice chap, its all good going black underneath 8)

thanks for you nice comments.... thought it was time for a little update...

heres a pic of the rear heater vents with a fresh coat of paint and greased up...

dog006.jpg

i finally got the colour coat on my dash and fitted all the bits after cleaning it all...

dog003.jpg

dog004.jpg

dog005.jpg

heres the dash fitted after painting the inside of the front panel first...

managed to suss out all the heater controls,vents and wiring...

forsalebits008.jpg

also primered all the front part of the bus inside ready to sort any little imperfections... the reason im doing it in stages it to stop me from getting bored of all the prep....

forsalebits020.jpg

forsalebits019.jpg

was prepping the column parts to paint and thought i would strip the paint off and polish the alloy... a bit bling but im quite chuffed ... whats your opinion?????

forsalebits017.jpg

forsalebits018.jpg

You are doing an amazing job....I have just sat and marveled at the whole thread. 8)

Here is a pic of my old bus....I wish I hadn't sold her!
I think it is the colour you are going to do yours? L345

vwjuly010.jpg

thanks m8,,,

your old bus looks sweet... ive sold many a bus i regret but this one is to stay... im painting mine savangh beige , yours is more grey i think... i love the old colours...

Dave that looks amazing, looking really cool 8) I really luv that steering column bling gotta do that mate :shock: 8) 8) 8)

Will try and pop over to see you after work tomorrow, top work dude :D

cheers m8, didnt take me that long to do.. about half hour... if you can take yours off i will do it for you if you like.... im in all day m8 :eek:

crosser, you're doing a grand job there! savannah beige is the way to go........!! :D :D

what did you use to polish the column header? was it good ol' Autosol?

looks great.......nothing wrong with a bit of bling here and there!

thanks carole .... i used a polishing kit i brought at a show to polish my alloy wheels... i was amazed how quickly it polished up... i think the parts are made of low grade alloy as there some black marks in the alloy that seem to go right through like a stick of rock... but im chuffed with it ....

hi mate great looking resto your doing. where did you get the end plates for your beam, how much does it narrow your beam. and how hard was the job

thanks for your comments... i got the end plates from bus station... they havnt narrowed my beam as i wanted standard width... i used them to replace the rotton shock towers.... i like a little bit of bling but not to much.....

sweet, little bling column, what did you use to polish it? 8)

thanks easy.... i used a polishing kit that goes in a drill that i brought to polish my empis with.... took about an hour to do including stripping the paint off....

Thats a total result, where did you get the kit from? (sorry, so many questions :oops: ) I have an idea of something i would liked polished :wink:

Latest posts