My '69 Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is getting closer again. I sat in the driver's seat for the first time in 2 years and actually used the steering wheel and brakes!!
The seat upholstery is complete and the paint complete except for the very outside.
The enginer and gearbox are in along with the majority of the wiring, dash, fuel and oil system.
Pictures below tell the story. Believe it or not the inside of the rear gates is yet to be flow coated so will come out flatter than the pictures below.

Better than when it came out of the factory!
Impressive! 8) 8) 8)

I've changed my mind - I don't want to park our SC's together.
I'll leave mine hidden around the back of a bush. :oops:

Looking better with each photo - can't wait to see the end result.

Well I got up to spend a couple of days with my good mate Peter Page helping me do some of the reassembly.
We have the doors assembled with all new Wolfsburg West rubbers and felts. (Great kit by the way - really impressed)
The front bumper and vent flaps installed also. I will get the rest done middle of this week when I have a chance to get up there again.

Where did that time go???
Well we got to the Valla VW Spectacular and it was fantastic.
The single cab is driving beautifully and a real joy.
Time for some pics of the finished product. Very proud of it and so thankful for the good friends who helped bring it to this level of finish.

Even took it out recently to give it a run down the 1/4 mile for the first time in 6 years.
17.0 at 123km/h which is a new PB. Not bad for 70,000km + on the engine now. Last time ran a bunch of 17.2 sec passes.
Video below is of one of the passes.
[youtube]lnOmi1PJUXc[/youtube]

AlanWesty said:
Very cool, where did you get the new upholstery from or was it recovered by locals?

Hi
Sorry for not replying sooner.
The seats were from TMI and fitted by a local upholsterer.
Door cards from TMI also.
I finally fitted a floor mat and the under seat mats that I had. Very happy with Just Kampers repro floor mat.

That looks really very nice. Glad to hear they are from TMI, was contemplating getting upholstery from them but was unsure about quality. these pictures speak a 1000 words. You have a really nice SC. Hope my Westy turns out similar.

PS. did you also fit new coconut matting under the covers?

Latest posts