My 69 tintop westy from the states

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys after a few months of stalking all you guys as a non member :incognito: i thought id sign up and share my bus (chad) with you all who ive owned since summer 2008
He was being used as a tour bus for a band called 'the days' down in plymouth and after spotting the ad on the samba, made the trip down to see it and was soon exchanging money for the keys and driving home with a big cheesy grin (still haven't lost that grin to)
Heres a couple of pics on the day i picked it up
SSM10884.jpg

SSM10885.jpg

SSM10886.jpg

SSM10887.jpg

He came with a whole folder jammed of history from when it was used in the states and even the original bill of sale .... damn !!! still wish i could get one at that price

Spent a whole year driving around stock
DSC00036.jpg

Then started the next year with a list of stuff i wanted to get sorted to make the van a bit personal to me

Hello .......
DSC00129.jpg

Goodbye
DSC00215.jpg

Bigger smiles now :D
DSC00223.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

Had a mondo on the van for a bit
Photo0778.jpg

but now running a stock exhaust set up ... for now

Currently having a set of split screen steel wheels being powdercoated white which i will be putting on, a whole bag of window seals that need putting in as old ones are knackered,some gaz shocks that need fitting, set of jailbars, wooden floor to fit, roofracks to get painted up ... and filled with clutter, trial fitting of beetle gt exhaust to see if it will tuck nice under the rear bumper and errrrrrr .... probably lots of little bits and pieces to sort out.

Will post some recent pics up soon as havent got any on laptop yet but hopefully you'll enjoy these and look forward to meeting some of you at the shows :)

Dave

What a beauty mate,love the colour one of my faves,dont know how youve managed to hide this one from us for so long !!!! :D :D

Cracking bus dave! dont know why your weren't showing this off earlier. i know i would have been.

Cracking van 8) - do you know if any chassis work has been carried out?

Cheers for the comments guys glad you like the bus :)

As far as any chassis works being done it all looks to be in original condition other than a little surface rust and a couple of repairs in the step/cab floor section but it does need a battery tray doing which is on my to-do list but at the moment cant bear to be without it so the wooden plank holding battery in place will have to do for a few more months as it has been off the road for a year due to me trying to purchase a new engine for it to replace the tired single port lump .... this went horribly wrong but now back on the road thanks to a nice engine doner from this beauttttttttttttttttty (found in someones garden where it had been for some years but apparantly had a recent engine from when it was being used) which seems to plod along nicely

IMG_0384.jpg

Sorry if ive burned anyones eyes with that image :lol: but hope to grace my next post with some pictures of my bus again

Latest posts