my '69 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg

Reaction score
HI,just finished my van,check it out/::::::::::::::

greetz greg ,Belgium
100_7041.jpg

100_7043.jpg

100_7038.jpg

100_7034.jpg

was before.......................................... :? :roll: :roll:

fd08a969.jpg

I was thinking that??

Quality work sir! loking good 8)

slammedkustom said:
sweet! but why the late model lights?
its that all original paint as well?

i know,next to happen is to replace the rear lights back to original lights.

the lights where already build in when i bought the bus ,i know it does'nt look sweet but changes are on the way.

the colour isn't the original colour but it is a vw colour at least;

greetz greg

Some quality bits on that there engine dude!

What things have you done to that engine?????

Welcome! Your bus looks very nice 8)
Any reason why it has the later lights or have you know idea?

easy said:
Some quality bits on that there engine dude!

What things have you done to that engine?????

what has been done:

central airbox mounted, 44 idf Webers,external oil cooler with fan,special woven oil gages,ignition upgrade ,venturi upgrade,BAS ahnendorf exhaust ,2ltr gearbox,vdo instruments,cylinders have been upgraded,...

gninnam said:
Welcome! Your bus looks very nice 8)
Any reason why it has the later lights or have you know idea?

i bought the bus from an old couple that used to travel around in europ a lot and therefore they put on those ugly rear lights for safety reasons.

i'm gonna dismount them and put some nice originals back on.

Cool bus, i'm lovin the 'Green'. I had a 69 doormobile in the same colour, nice 8)
Hey...that westy roof is late, not early (hinged from front)..looks like the old folks did more upgrading :wink:

dubberdaz said:
Cool bus, i'm lovin the 'Green'. I had a 69 doormobile in the same colour, nice 8)
Hey...that westy roof is late, not early (hinged from front)..looks like the old folks did more upgrading :wink:

i agree but is much more spacy than the early ones,comfortable sleeping upstairs instead of a narrow ,small bunk.

still looks good thow 8) 8)

Nice one with the engine mods, that airbox is great, fills that engine bay up a treat! 8)

You've got one sweet camper there! Who cares if your roof is wrong? Most people wouldn't have a clue! You gotta get rid of those tail lights though...

delux said:
You've got one sweet camper there! Who cares if your roof is wrong? Most people wouldn't have a clue! You gotta get rid of those tail lights though...

works have started finally.
respect to guido Van Zundert.

licht.jpg

licht3.jpg

lichten5.jpg

lichten7.jpg

lichten10.jpg

lichten4.jpg

oohyeah

I looked at doing this, but the thought of drilling tons of holes in non rusty fresh paint scares me :shock:

I have seen it attached with some VERY strong adhesive tape before and that worked very well. :D

Latest posts