My '70 BayWindow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking nice 8) its all about the little touches :wink:

Looking good 8). I agree with easy, it's all about the details. I'm really digging the mud flaps, nice touch.

Whats next on the list?

Cker5 said:
Looking good 8). I agree with easy, it's all about the details. I'm really digging the mud flaps, nice touch.

Whats next on the list?

New shoes! I got some Hankook tires on order, 185R14's. I hope they look good. I haven't really seen them installed on any early bays with stock rims.

aogrady said:
Hi!

New hoops eh? Are they whitewall ones? Is 185R14 not a stock size then?

Alistair

No white walls...Did a lot of looking. Seems they dont make a whitewall with the correct specs.
Its stock size, its just a d rated tire so it is more commercial...its the "proper" tire from all that I read on the samba, etc.

Hi!

Cool! I'm after new hoops sometime, may well get proper commercials, and then get them whitewalled? They nice and chunky? Was umming and arring about a set of suitable off road style tyres, like BFG All Terrain - just to help get me that extra bit further somewhere.....
There was a thread on the samba with a 70 westy with raised a bit suspension running chunky hoops a while back...

Alistair

Got my new tires this past weekend....They are Great!
And gave Ole Blue a Bath....

P2152123.jpg

P2152119.jpg

Installed New ABS Plastic kick panels. They looked too nice to cut into, so I decided to mount the speakers in/under the glove box. They are tucked away nice and still sound good. Especially in the passenger seat. 8)

P3082197.jpg

P3082198.jpg

Nice idea! Did you have to support the glovebox material for the speakers or make a support plate?

Cker5 said:
Nice idea! Did you have to support the glovebox material for the speakers or make a support plate?

No additional supports. My glove box was pretty solid still and just used the OG strap to hold it in place. 4 screws in each speaker and they held pretty solid. I used a piece of black board that I had, trimmed it to fit inside so it hid all wires and back of speakers.

The sound is now mostly on the passenger side. It still sounds good to me. I like the way it turned out.

Cleaned up the head liner some, still has a few tough spots. Overall it looks pretty good for 39 years old and white.
P8241007.jpg

Changed the back up lights to LEDs.
476853.jpg

Found a cool ad on the samba! Thats my ride! 8)
front.jpg

Johnny said:
i love this bus, nice clean lines :D

Thanks Johnny! It was well taken care of before I got it, and I plan to keep it that way! Some days I want to lower it, but not sure. Its so original I may keep it that way!

Oh my god, that has to be the nicest bay I have ever seen :shock: :shock:

Everything just ticks the boxes, at first I thought the photos must have been taken back in the 60's when is was new.

Keep those photos coming. and when you want to sell it tell me :mrgreen:

uber cool said:
Oh my god, that has to be the nicest bay I have ever seen :shock: :shock:

Everything just ticks the boxes, at first I thought the photos must have been taken back in the 60's when is was new.

Keep those photos coming. and when you want to sell it tell me :mrgreen:

Thanks Uber Cool! Not going to be up for sale anytime soon, or ever... if I can help it. 8)
Heres a few more pics. There are more at http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/panic_fan112/?start=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Airheadsmeet8-9-08013.jpg

P8090926.jpg

PC291990.jpg

Finally got my side jail bars....still waiting on the rear. It was backordered. :roll:
P5162606.jpg

Latest posts