My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pinheaduk, no just lowering it. Got some really cheap beam adjusters from a really nice Guy called Ed, they were only £60 plus £3.50 P&P which are cheaper than others. I bought them on ebay but he is selling them on VZI at the moment. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=534717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnny apparently you can flip the central bit around thus giving you four different hole positions. I will post some pics as they are fitted.

I got the end plates from Gavin at Trailer Queen restos who are advertising on here, they were £40 plus P&P, here is the link to the thread.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Covin, hope your right about the beam cant wait to finish it, nearly there now!!!! hopefully get it on the road very soon now 8) Heres some more pics and update on the beam repair.

Photo-0003-5.jpg

Photo-0009-4.jpg

Photo-0010-3.jpg

Graham at Scottys van centre in Bicester 07825 683477 welded on the first end plate as he knows his stuff and I wanted it done by a professional, will update with more pics soon. :D

Other end plate on

Photo-0011-3.jpg

Photo-0012-3.jpg

First beam adjuster welded into place

Photo-0014-2.jpg

Close up, lower part marked to be cut before fitting other adjuster.

Photo-0018-2.jpg

First drive today after four years of restoration!!! It's off to scottys van centre in Bicester for a last fix before the big MOT day :D

Still got to finish the front beam but that can be done after...cant wait 8)

Photo-0038-2.jpg

Photo-0041-1.jpg

Photo-0044-4.jpg

Photo-0050.jpg

Not long now!!!!

Thanks Guys, almost there now. Didnt realise there would be so many little bits to finish still. Anyway a few more jobs ticked off the list and all my electrics are working at long last. I'm trying to get the bus roadworthy and MOT'd in time for Stonor on 31st may!!! it's not too long now and I'm pushing on with it. :D

Got a fair bit to do still but everything costs money which I haven't got at the moment...but hey!!!

Wont be able to get the seats re-upholstered in time but that can be done later......really excited now!!!!

Photo-0065.jpg

Photo-0057-1.jpg

Photo-0058.jpg

New Exhaust

Photo-0056.jpg

Steering wheel repair

Photo-0046-2.jpg

Photo-0050-1.jpg

Painted

Photo-0055.jpg

Photo-0063.jpg

Made some new door cards

004.jpg

New shoes!!!! Carlton GSI's

002.jpg

007.jpg

Well folks!!! after 4 years of restoration...... MOT man he say YES!!!!

008.jpg

Stonor here I come....Woop Whoop :lol:

Well done Alfie, it's been a long journey but the end result has been well worth the effort.
Fantastic job mate. Now get yourself off on a Camping trip :mrgreen:

I would just like to say thankyou to everyone on here for all your support and words of encouragement. 8)

It was the maiden voyage to Stonor today and I loved it, cant wait for the next show :bliss:

006.jpg

BBQ with friends

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

Also just wanted to say a big thank you to Grahame at scottys van centre, Bicester for all your help and advice in the last push for my MOT, couldn't have got there without you, can't thank you enough dude!! :party0041:

all good mate. i would love to be at te stage where your are now. van looks very nice. the fun bits begin now. a whack with the lowering stick will mke those alloys look even better :D

Johnny, I got the plates ages ago on mail order. Will try and find out the name of the company and let you know.

Got my front cab seats re-trimmed this week and love the result, going to get the rear bed and cushions made the same.

Before.....

004-1.jpg

After....Decided to go for red with cream piping.

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

And fitted.....

005.jpg

Really like that deluxe trim for bay's but it's very expensive. Found this thick chrome strip in LIDL today, it's only £10 for a 10 meter roll, It is self adheasive and can be cut to size. stuck it on and really pleased with the result. Also picked up some 200watt car speakers in there too for only £6.99...Bargain!! 8)

Here is some pic's of the trim...

004-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Great cheapo version of the deluxe trim, mate! I haven't seen it at our belgian branch of the LIDL group yet but I'll keep an eye out.
Looks very nice!

Latest posts