MY 71 Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil ben

Reaction score
DSC00312.jpg

I have just finished a bit of a makeover or i should say make lower....it's one of those things i cannot help but keep messing...

DSC00317.jpg

With three weeks to go before a planned trip to the south of france it was hauled onto the ramp after sitting for a year under a cover and stripped out....

Followed by.... tub's front and rear, suspension raised,engine and box raise,larger notches front and rear... filler now on the roof, the rear tub's are so big( 205 65x15 tyres) full digital air suspension and a new 1915cc motor on twin 40 del's

2700 miles later around France... it proved great fun and the new engine perfect for the long hills 8)

If it goes as good as it looks,,,,,, then it`s fantastic . I try to steer well away from them super lowered busses as it looks a little addictive :shock: I wasn`t going to lower,,,,,,,,,, then Mr Transporter house raised his ugly head at the front,,,,, then Senor Slamwerks at the rear :roll: I just won`t look at any lowered busses :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not looking,, Not looking,, Not looking :? :? :?

your magazine feature with the Deluxe laundry van a few years back was the reason I bought a Early bay, narrowed it and slammed it. Thanks :D

Looks fantastic Ben, absolutely f**king awesome, nice bit of work, was still on the ramps when I called in to see you in August. Interested in the 1915, is it a big improvement ? I'm struggling up the hill with my 1776 :(

Yes Andy, i just drive up hills in fourth gear its got so much torque... a Bay window westy is a heavy old lump...its now a pleasure to use....

Me evil Ben your bus is awsome I've followed a few of your builds and after you did mawgans gold creation I went for the truck mirrors much to my mates amusement .Ii love the mirrors regardless and I'm getting there with the stance.

Mark :mrgreen:

evil ben said:
DSC00317.jpg

With three weeks to go before a planned trip to the south of france it was hauled onto the ramp after sitting for a year under a cover and stripped out....

Followed by.... tub's front and rear, suspension raised,engine and box raise,larger notches front and rear... filler now on the roof, the rear tub's are so big( 205 65x15 tyres) full digital air suspension and a new 1915cc motor on twin 40 del's

2700 miles later around France... it proved great fun and the new engine perfect for the long hills 8)
never get tierd of looking at this bus.. ;) can i ask you what you think of the 1914cc engine, as mine is almost ready to go in my van to be run in.
ive got 40 kaddrons going on it, but everyone keep's telling me they shit & to get some webbers on it.

baj said:
evil ben said:
DSC00317.jpg

never get tierd of looking at this bus.. ;) can i ask you what you think of the 1914cc engine, as mine is almost ready to go in my van to be run in.
ive got 40 kaddrons going on it, but everyone keep's telling me they shit & to get some webbers on it.

Yes the engine is great, it only has a small cam and also the heads are fairly stock too..but it just pulls and pulls..... i would stay away from kaddrons and the webbers and go for a set of 40 dels... they are the easiest to live with....

Ive had nothing but hassle with my Dells, the idle jets are constantly blocking up and it won't idle properly, changed all the hoses out and fitted new filter before I fitted em. Got the engine and tank out ATM, been swilling the tank out today and tbh it wasn't too bad, plenty of bits but could have been 10 times worse. See if itbcures the prob when I get it back together, also fitting a fuel pressure regulator, are you running one ?

Love the bus - now that is SLAMMED!!

Makes mine look like it is jacked up in the air!

Latest posts