My 71" LHD Earlybay Resto!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h9llw

Reaction score
Hi guys, This is my first bay(beetles before).I bought it in june from a family friend for £1500,got a bargain i reckon,it had been stood for 6 years but very solid underneath.Originally came from sweden hence the lhd.Since june i,ve lowered it with a cali beam and bluebird adjuster,1 spline on rear.cali tailgate and sliding door,front indicators put back in correct place and generally new panels where needed.painted in beryl green (pictures don,t do it justice!) bodywork and paint done by burnt orange customs at burnley.Engine rebuilt with pistons/barrels shells etc etc.new clutch.Also bought some brms which i,ve blasted to go on.I,m gonna replace all the outriggers over xmas and new year to make it 100%.I ve got new interior panels and a mate is making me an interior.(jedi joiner, can make exact westy interiors!! pics to follow,pm me for his details!!).Roll on santa pod!! hope you think its coming together ok?:p
HPIM1297.jpg

HPIM1304.jpg

HPIM1299.jpg

HPIM1301.jpg

SDC10218.jpg

SDC10290.jpg

SDC10292.jpg

SDC10297.jpg

HPIM1383.jpg

HPIM1384.jpg

SDC10177.jpg

SDC10283.jpg

SDC10284.jpg

SDC10285.jpg

hmmm not sure about that mate.which is the siren button you can see? the one next to the ignition is a push start that someone has fit,(now removed and standad)

Thanks mate, good to get some feed back,i suppose you don,t notice it the same when you see it all the time,still tons to do,the interior is next,but i,m hoping that won,t take too long.

SDC10283.jpg

SDC10284.jpg

SDC10285.jpg
[/quote]

If you don,t mind me asking which workshop is this where the pictures were taken? think I recognise it.

i think thats the original switch for the eberspacher,it has a timer to it which ticks.

What an amazing transformation! Looks fantastic in its new colours, and so straight looking.

Gareth

Latest posts