My 71 Westfalia Campmobile 70 daily driver - fun bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite the combination. Wine, baby sippy cup, and avocado! LOL

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Love looking at everyones camping and bus in general pics! :D

Thank you for your comments everyone. We have really enjoyed using the bus this year!

I recently found a photo of my first VW. It was a 1970 Devon tin top in beige. I bought it around 1992 after a trip to Newquey which happened to be at the same time as RTTS which got me hooked on early bays.
It cost me £1000 and I drove it all round the country, in 1996 my wife (then new girlfriend) and I did a four week trip to France, I loved that rusty bus like crazy!
We decided to go to Australia after that and sold the bus to help fund it.

null_zpsb761f5d0.jpg

I don't think it's about anymore, possibly hidden away but most likely parted or scrapped :cry:

I've got loads of good memories just wish I had more photos!

Cor blimey almost a year between updates!

This summer has seen more camping fun... Not much work carried out on the bus, just enjoying it...apart from a bamboo shelf :D

A few nice camping spots around Sussex

Hanging out with the locals

Had a bit of engine trouble... Luckily help was on hand ;)

And handing out with the in-laws

After much deliberation over the last year I gave in and got myself a narrowed beam fitted. I've wanted the bus to go down at the front a bit for ages and I love a bit of tuck. Graham at MEB fitted a complete French Slammer beam and spindles. Now I've got the look I've wanted and the ride is superb! Very pleased 8)

The family holiday to Brittany was the perfect test to try the new front end out with the bus loaded up for a two week holiday. Jeremy (bananacustard) came too with his clan.

Queuing for the ferry to St Malo

Camping at Cap Frehel

Outdoor living :D

And a nice site near St Malo in the grounds of a run down chateaux

Thanks for looking. Cheers. Andrew.

Looks better with the French Slammer stuff , And the holiday looks great too 8)

CHILDSEY said:
Hi Andrew, bus is looking good :D
Camping in Brittany looks great.
Are you going to Brighton Breeze ?
Cheers Paul.

Cheers Paul :D
Yep defo be at Breeze, I the line up too... Helping represent the "White Westy" 8)

Grazy said:
Looks better with the French Slammer stuff , And the holiday looks great too 8)

Thank you Grazy. I'm really happy with the look and ride :D

mister said:
CHILDSEY said:
Hi Andrew, bus is looking good :D
Camping in Brittany looks great.
Are you going to Brighton Breeze ?
Cheers Paul.

Cheers Paul :D
Yep defo be at Breeze, I the line up too... Helping represent the "White Westy" 8)

Looking good Paul, like the new beam.
Hopefully catch up at Breeze, got a few new beers that need sampling feedback !! :msn4:
Howie

Thank you for the positive comments people :D

Howie... It's Andrew... Not Paul, Paul's CHILDSEY ;) always happy to sample some nice beers, do you have some more American craft ones?

mister said:
Thank you for the positive comments people :D

Howie... It's Andrew... Not Paul, Paul's CHILDSEY ;) always happy to sample some nice beers, do you have some more American craft ones?

sorry Tony :lol: , (andrew) just done a deal to produce and distribute 3 beers for the group MADNESS, went live in Morrisons last week and the Madness NghtPorter is bloody lovely, i'll bring some to Breeze :D
Plus bringing some craft can beers in from Switzerland that are cool as a penguins nuts :msn4:

Latest posts