My 71 Westfalia Campmobile 70 daily driver - fun bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0bf31e2c.jpg

Roll on summer....

Cheers people. its amazing what you can do on a shitty iphone3 camera and a bit of photoshop app :D

@Airtime the front is Transporterhaus drop spindles, the rear slamwerks adjustable spring plates. I think the back wheel must of been in a pot hole as the nose usually looks lower!

mister said:
Cheers people. its amazing what you can do on a shitty iphone3 camera and a bit of photoshop app :D

@Airtime the front is Transporterhaus drop spindles, the rear slamwerks adjustable spring plates. I think the back wheel must of been in a pot hole as the nose usually looks lower!

Angle of the dangle :lol:

mister said:
fitted some rusty overriders to my crusty back bumper, I love my bumper but not sure about them overriders yet....

9e1f7dee.jpg

467e0876.jpg

I like your rear bumper too mate and I reckon a mild buff of the overiders will bring a bit of the white through without losing too much of the red stuff ;)
Here's a shot of my rear bumper, maybe we could start a 'rear bumper fetish' thread for us patina addicts :lol: :lol:
IMG_09821.jpg

By the way, I love your Bus man :D Better now it's closer to terra ferma 8)

@barkafer
Cheers mate. Krusty back bumpers rule! The amount of times people say to me "when are you going to paint that bumper?" they look at you like your mad when you reply " no way!"
I had some goon in the supermarket carpark was telling I should get it chrome plated :lol:

mister said:
@barkafer
Cheers mate. Krusty back bumpers rule! The amount of times people say to me "when are you going to paint that bumper?" they look at you like your mad when you reply " no way!"
I had some goon in the supermarket carpark was telling I should get it chrome plated :lol:

We have the same goons near us to, i had the "You need a camping interior putting in that, my mate can knock you one up he's cheap" comment a while ago :shock: :shock: :shock: i replied "well its a totally stock microbus in it its original state" this was met with "what?" enough said, good to you sir now jog on :evil: .

THE LAST PANZER said:
mister said:
@barkafer

We have the same goons near us to, i had the "You need a camping interior putting in that, my mate can knock you one up he's cheap" comment a while ago :shock: :shock: :shock: i replied "well its a totally stock microbus in it its original state" this was met with "what?" enough said, good to you sir now jog on :evil: .

Mental isn't it! As people say, theres no accounting for taste..

I would just like to say thank you to Volkswagen for getting me to work through all this sub zero temperature.
Here is a picture of my trusty steed shivering under a street light, but is starting on the button everyday, and just about getting warm air to my toes before I get to work...

a6f2beae.jpg

Happy days :D

LOL, I love it. "Just about getting heat to my toes, before getting to work". I know the feeling, but not as cold as you are. I finally broke down and ordered me a Mr. Heater (Buddy). Should be here tomorrow. So as long as there is no rain, I plan on driving my steed to work too! :D

I finally found a bit of time for the bus today and fitted the Christmas present my wife bought me :D

fdce2196.jpg

I took an age to get the old steering wheel off, after loads of penetrating oil, a strained wrist, an aborted attempt using a machine mart puller that didn't end up fitting, I was about to take to it with a rubber mallet and driver, and it just popped off when I brushed against it :D bingo!

Now I'm going to have to give the cab area a real good clean so it doesn't stand out so much

Andrew

I just got very excited......I bagged myself a westy stool, which just got delivered :D

a431138a.jpg

Really please as the vinyl is a great match

What engine are you running?

You were keeping up with me well easily on the way back from Volksworld, and I've had the 1302 box conversion done too....

Latest posts