My 71 Westfalia Campmobile 70 daily driver - fun bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister

Reaction score
After 18 months owning my bus...this week I finally got out and camped in it on Monday for the our first night together! thought I would mark this mementos occasion with the start of a gallery thread..... :D

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

All went well and a good night was had. Was doing a reckie of a campsite called Forgewood Camping just north of Crowbourgh in the Sussex/Kent weald. Lovely place with woods and fields to camp in, it was also great to have fires. Planning a group birthday trip there in a few weeks.

More pics of the bus to follow, probably keep the thread a bit non linear as I'm not organised enough to keep it all in order...enjoy

Hi Mister, would you recommend Forgewood?
I was thinking of going as not far from me (Eastbourne) and it`s my birthday soon.
What was cost per night?
Paul.

CHILDSEY said:
Hi Mister, would you recommend Forgewood?
I was thinking of going as not far from me (Eastbourne) and it`s my birthday soon.
What was cost per night?
Paul.

Hi Paul

its a nice relaxed place with plenty of space, all the facilities are by the entrance and car park, so if you are in the larger field then they would be quite a walk, this might be a problem for some, though there is water points and portaloos dotted around. Its a back to nature place which really appeals to me. if your bus is real low you might have problems as the tracks through the woods are a bit rough. I really liked it. £10/12.50 per night, its cheaper for families.
I have also heard good reports about St Ives and Wowo which are close by.
Andrew

picked up my bus today from SKP after having my leisure battery wired up and sorted...thank you guys.....nice and sunny so went up firle beacon on the way home to get some shots....

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

the stock 1600tp needs a bit of loving, I've tuned and fitted a petronix ignitor and so far has been pretty good

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

inside needs some tlc but all usable, I've taken out the sink unit as its got some water damage and needs a bit of work to make it workable again, but the extra space is useful at the moment

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

upfront I've replaced the seat covers and padding with tmi ones, the old ones where badly ripped in the corners and the coir was so brittle it made a constant mess. would like to find some good stock og ones really

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

hope you like the photos!

Been getting a bit more camping in... Back at forgewood again with a big group of us for my 40th bday! a couple of weekends ago

e9e038ba.jpg

Not an EB but here's my mates cool firebus
1816aa6a.jpg

Then off to the New Forest for the beginning of a week away, bought an awning as the weather was looking ropey and cant rough it too much anymore with a 2 1/2 yr old and my wifes pregnant again. It really made the camping a lot more comfortable with the extra dry space
7248e23a.jpg

9ac3d6b5.jpg

686d1b5b.jpg

Did get some nice sun as a bonus and some good sunsets
754c76ea.jpg

In Lyme Regis now after an eventful journey with three minor breakdowns! But got it going again each time and arrived here all well. been buzzing around the Dorset/Devon boarder now for a few days with no problems so hopefully all is now good. More to follow soon. Cheers. Andrew.

Lovely looking bus,
thought it was this one for a minute

DSC04210.jpg

but one digit out, :D

Ted said:
Lovely looking bus,

DSC04210.jpg

ooh, can i join the MWV ---J crew?

Never realised how many there were with such similar plates.

DSCF1002.jpg

Ted said:
Lovely looking bus,

DSC04210.jpg

Yes I saw this picture before, uncanny! Looks like they where built and registered together. I registered mine last June so guess it was a similar time?

Antione - maybe this is the beginnings of an uber elite MWV '71 club? 8)

its been a while since I posted anything here but finally got round to lowering the bus

3812c9ca.jpg

93b0c81d.jpg

189b2482.jpg

415144ca.jpg

really please with the results and it generally drives much better

Looking good :) - I have pretty ,much the same bus - have you thought about wheels or are you going to keep running stock? Something I'm pondering.....

lard said:
Looking good :) - I have pretty ,much the same bus - have you thought about wheels or are you going to keep running stock? Something I'm pondering.....

Cheers Lard!
I am liking the subtlety of stock at the moment, even though I have had various shiny alloy fantasy's in the past!

Wow, your bus is exactly what my bus was supposed to be. Meaning, mine had the same curtains and all. I found mine at a junkyard and it had previously sat for a long time at the PO's place. The curtains were not saveable.

I love your bus!! :D

justcruzin said:
Wow, your bus is exactly what my bus was supposed to be. Meaning, mine had the same curtains and all. I found mine at a junkyard and it had previously sat for a long time at the PO's place. The curtains were not saveable.

Thank you mate.
The curtains aren't the og ones, the only bit of og curtain that came with the bus was by the wardrobe and it was really tatty. I bought them this summer off a vw curtain company over here who had some very close to og fabric.

mister said:
justcruzin said:

Thank you mate.
The curtains aren't the og ones, the only bit of og curtain that came with the bus was by the wardrobe and it was really tatty. I bought them this summer off a vw curtain company over here who had some very close to og fabric.

Your welcome! :D

Well they look really great even if they arn't og! I am going tie dyed with mine! LOL :D My license plate is going to be TYEDYE2.

fitted some rusty overriders to my crusty back bumper, I love my bumper but not sure about them overriders yet....

9e1f7dee.jpg

467e0876.jpg

Latest posts