My 72 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swins

Reaction score
Hi I thought it's about time I posted a few pics of my 72 crossover Dormobile. I've had her since May last year and in this time has been used quite alot for weekends away and a few shows Bug Jam and Vanfest.
The only things that have been done so far are the interior seats, front brought from J & S Upholstery but fitted by me and my wife the rear seats covered by us again using fabric that we had sourced, new curtains made by my wife.
It has been lowered by T2D it's just the right height for what we need as we do use it alot for camping but ideally i would have it slammed but just not practical for the camp site!

So here are a few pics to see what you think? :)

This is how it was when i brought it.
IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

This is outside T2D after being hit with the lowering stick!
dyn001_original_400_300_gif_2550-1.gif

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Even came with the original awning which no longer attaches to the van after being lowered!
IMG_2936.jpg

Good job we brought one that does!
IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

Ready to convoy to vanfest with a few mates 8)
vanfest001.jpg

vanfest003.jpg

Next time I get the van out I will take some pics of the inside.

Can anyone help me with the problem of the sliding door not shutting completely at the back? It shuts and locks ok but when I lift the handle to pull the back in it pops out again! I have checked the seals and they seem fine and the door slides freely, I have tried adjusting it a bit but didn't want to make it worse! Am i missing something or is it just a pain to get right?

Simon.

Very nice looking van. 8)

Regards the door - have you adjusted the cable on the inside of the sliding door - you can slacken/tighten the cable with a nut which should help.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Welcome :mrgreen:

Thanks for the great comments. :)

Here are a few pics of the interior.

I haven't tried the cable in door yet thanks gninnam, Next time I get the van out I will have ago.

IMG_9063.jpg

Still need to cover the buddy seat!
IMG_9064.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

Have any of you guys got a fridge fitted in your vans? I brought one at the weekend but now not sure on where to fit it! It's a 3 way which means I have to flue it out the side of the van I have no problem with doing this just if there is a better position along the side. I have seen a few with them in where the cupboard under the table was which is where I am aiming to put it. Any suggestions/advice much appreciated. :)

The front seats are slip covers made by J & S Upholstery and fitted by me and my wife, bit of a pain to get on but gave us the finish that we wanted, The rear seats and back cushion we covered ourselves using fabric we found. Tones quite well with the paint work :)

Yours is coming along very nicely and a great feature in Camper and Bus :) Looking forward to seeing yours continue to come together in your resto :)

Very nice 8)

Is the front lowered with drop spindles? Like the nose down stance.

Swins said:
The front seats are slip covers made by J & S Upholstery and fitted by me and my wife, bit of a pain to get on but gave us the finish that we wanted, The rear seats and back cushion we covered ourselves using fabric we found. Tones quite well with the paint work :)

Yours is coming along very nicely and a great feature in Camper and Bus :) Looking forward to seeing yours continue to come together in your resto :)

Cheers for the contact will give em a whirl, keep up the good work.....

Hi Cali bay

In reply to your question the lowering has been done by T2D one day lowering service and there way of lowering is as follows:-

Over the last 15 years we have developed and refined our one day lowering service. Our method allows us to modify your front axle in situ and set the ride height accurately without the axle having to be removed and reworked on the bench as would normally be the case. This eliminates the need to run adjusters which are normally important for fine tuning, as when the beam has been lowered off of the vehicle the ride height can't be confirmed until the bus is rolling again.

We use the same basic principle as you would when running adjusters by turning the internal torsion leave block within the front axle until the desired height is archived, but once ride height is set we weld the block back into place rather than using a serrated clamp/beam adjuster.

The front is lower because I have smaller 65 tyres on the front and standards on the rear, not yet sure what wheels I would like to put on? I quite fancy black Gas Burners 8)

Latest posts