My Bay has a Splitty Bumper!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcfmonkey

Reaction score
I've found out the bumper I have on the bus is from a 66/67 Split and I'm not sure what to do with it. It's pretty solid apart from one of the brackets which is a bit ropey,
I know I could grind out the brackets and re-drill for Bay irons but I'm worried I might screw it up and ruin a decent bit of kit. How difficult is it going to be to know where to drill the holes and will it sit the same as a Bay one when done? Or should I just stick it on ebay and see what I get for it??
Monkey

bumper_zpsc6b2cd17.jpg

I have splitty bumper on mine ( good nick), used a grinder and took the brackets off and used a profile gauge on a fooked early bay bumper and copied the position of the holes, drilled and no probs. Looking for a good EB bumper to change over though. I'd look for a EB bumper and pass the splitty one on..

i have but mines rather nice and so it woldnt be a swop if ya catch my drift.

jth

the splitty bumper i used to have i gave to a splitty mate and the splitty bumper makes the van look lower haha

slash cut split on mine,I cut the brackets out and drilled it but found the bumper sat with the front facing down so had to make tapered spacers for it to sit flat.

Right, I've grown a pair and I'm going to drill out the holes to adapt it to fit early irons. I was worried about it sitting right but tapered spacers will sort that out, cheers for the tip 67panel!

John T H, cheers for the offer of a swap but I'll keep my life simple and work with what I've got! :D

Latest posts