my cross over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugfez

Reaction score
hi all, cant remember if iv posted any pics on here so ill appologise if you've already seen them!

i brought my van approx 4 years ago as an on the road project, i had never welded anything before i brought this and to be honest the amount ive done i should be really good by now (but im not) any way.....

DSCF0840.jpg

as it was when i first got it.

van.jpg

then after a lot of panels and chassis repairs etc and a lot of hard work this is how its been for the last couple of years

veedubs045.jpg

veedubs044.jpg

veedubs043.jpg

dsc000792.jpg

veedubs048.jpg

finally got round to some paint prep and this is as it sits presently.

a few more....

veedubs004.jpg

dsc000732.jpg

dsc000742.jpg

dsc000692.jpg

veedubs043.jpg

made some more progress last night

veedubs089.jpg

veedubs091.jpg

veedubs093.jpg

getting all excited about the top coat now, probably another week at least before that happens though.

Not telling you what the worst could be, but I like the colour that you have on now :lol:

really nice job on the paint!! 8) did you do all the painting yourself and what type did you use? waterbased? cellulose?

i like the tyre colour combo as well.

very nice dude :) curious about the rear wheel arches, i thought they went flared in 71? or did the crossover keep with the early ones

pinheaduk said:
very nice dude :) curious about the rear wheel arches, i thought they went flared in 71? or did the crossover keep with the early ones

the arches are pre crossover, i have a 71 with discs and small rear lights halfmoon vents and my arches are flared.

thanks for all the kind comments.

when i first brought my bay i went viewed and drove it, struck a deal, made a quick list of parts i thought it required then the following day ordered them but in my haste and lack of a good memory ordered all flat lip arches :roll:

hence a real mis-match of early and late parts!

tbh i prefer the look of the early arches.

Latest posts