My delux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev D

Reaction score
Heres my '69 almost ready to go back on the road :D
Now need to suss out what to do with the interior..
SDC10546.jpg

Hey,
it's looking good. Love the retro rims. Throw a few more pics up!

LV

Araon said:
Nice wheel choice....any centre caps going on ?

Cheers!
Glad I went for the slots rather than the sprints I'd planned on, went to ebi & almost everyone had them!
If I can get any longer ones to clear the rear hub nuts there will be, not sure if they can be had?
More pics
SDC10545.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

This is a cool looking bus. Love the patina and the slots (I was thinking about a set) suit it perfectly - great choice. I'd be well chuffed if I was driving this bus.

It has attitude. What ya doing inside?

LV

Lordain Volley said:
This is a cool looking bus. Love the patina and the slots (I was thinking about a set) suit it perfectly - great choice. I'd be well chuffed if I was driving this bus.

It has attitude. What ya doing inside?

LV

Not sure yet, it was intended as a tow bus for my drag car to begin with but probably just be used for a bit of fun with the kids & camp at the odd show.
Right now I'm thinking about a 2 berth westy conversion if I can get units at a reasonable price, either that or just a full width r&r bed with 2 buddy seats & table.
I was looking at a 2.5 subaru engine & gearbox swap but to be honest its too good to cut about & for the cost of the swap I can just buy a good t4 for towing duties.
I've got most of the bits for a 74 x 94 motor left over from the n/a motor that was going into my oval so that'll go in sometime.
Its also lower than it looks in the pics too!

The slots came from just kampers, £249.99 & excellent quality 8)
Cheers
Kev

Now running & booked in for the mot tomorow :shock:
Had a couple of 'test' drives & it's much smoother than I expected, the spax adjustables were worth the investment :D

Kev D said:
Now running & booked in for the mot tomorow :shock:
Had a couple of 'test' drives & it's much smoother than I expected, the spax adjustables were worth the investment :D
Good luck for tomorrow, lovely looking bus mate ! 8)

Passed! :D
Brakes still need a bit of bedding in & wheel alignment done but ran sweet!
Height seems about perfect too, clears speed bumps etc, no bottoming out & managed the mot brake rollers & ramp jack fine. Still has enough travel on the ball joints as well.
Probably carry on with repairing the few dents & spot priming till I get round to a paint job.
Can also start the fun stuff 8)
DSC01370.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

That's one cool bus n lovin the wheels they suit it well.
Can i ask what size tyres ya runnin.
Cheers n good luck with the interior. 8)

great bus!
what has been done to lower it and what was your tyre chose?
Im asking as its sitting just how i want my bus to sit.

Cheers matey :)
Fronts are 165/50 but look a bit small & have plenty clearance so I'd go for 165/55 unless the bus was lower.
Rears are 185/65, with these wheels the arch lip needs rolled slightly to get them off & on but theres no clearance issues driving.
Cheers
Kev

69rhdpanel said:
great bus!
what has been done to lower it and what was your tyre chose?
Im asking as its sitting just how i want my bus to sit.

Its a 2 spline drop at the back with creative adjusters at the front.
All new ball joints, track rods etc, also spax adjustables all round - not cheap but seem worth it already!
185/65's & 165/50's.
Cheers
Kev

Latest posts