My Ed Roth inspired Radio Flyer.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Been keeping this under wraps for while now as I'm about to alter it a little but i've just uploaded some pics so you might as well have a look see.

I've got a mate called Rod,..... Now rod is in his 60's and is a proper old school rodder. He was roof choppin mk1 transits before a lot of us were born. I've know rod for a while now and when i found out he was selling his Ed Roth inspired creation i just had to have it.

Its hard to see in the pictures the amount of work that he has put in to this. It has been built over the last 8-10 years and every part except the engine and wheels has been fabricated by rod. Its 4 link and rose joints even the steering wheel is scratch built.
When rod started the build he could not put his hands on a red flyer in the uk so even the red tub has been fabricated.

It has an accelerator lever under the steering wheel and the red lever is attached to drum brake on the rear axle.

I love it to bits :).... i'm having some radio flyer graphics made up for it and altering the exhaust as its a little to loud.

Should look pretty rad on franks roof rack 8)

DSCF1104.jpg

spindle
DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

drumbrake
DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF3663.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

DSCF1643.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

The man himself :)
DSCF3662.jpg

Another one of rods creations
DSCF3680.jpg

Thats cool found a pic of this from rustbox what they do best rat and low.
bDSCN0993_jpg.jpg

Love it Ant! Lovely bit of engineering.

When it gets a bit too slow for you, you could always add a bigger motor!

DSCN5969.jpg

This one has a Suzuki GSX-R mill :shock: . Not sure if it's a 750 or an 1100. Either way it's gotta be a mental ride and those wheelie bars must be essential. One whif of gas and you would be straight out of the back door without them :D

Finally had the "radio flyer" vectored and cut from vinyl, looks pretty good.... i just need to alter the exhaust now, the straight through is way to loud

261120081096.jpg

261120081093.jpg

Ant

Looks so cool, so when are we going to see this in action :?: :?:

That's madder than a box of mad frogs - I just hope my boy doesn't see it or I'll be modding his flyer :lol:

Latest posts