my first bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezcal70

Reaction score
Hi all
just paid the deposit on my first Bay after being a Split fan for 22 years.....i'm converted :) :D , hopefully be picking it up in a couple of weeks....are there any good links for info in general.
she's a late 67 westy slightly modified and has what i think are some cool accessories already.
Anyway just wanted to say i look forward to becoming one of the community of Baywindow owners. :mrgreen:

mezcal70 said:
Hi all
just paid the deposit on my first Bay after being a Split fan for 22 years.....i'm converted :) :D , hopefully be picking it up in a couple of weeks....are there any good links for info in general.
she's a late 67 westy slightly modified and has what i think are some cool accessories already.
Anyway just wanted to say i look forward to becoming one of the community of Baywindow owners. :mrgreen:

is there such a thing as an early '67 bay westy then :wink:

seriously though, if you didn't already know, and i'd guess the majority of the developed world does the amount he goes on about it, clem, whose name you see all over the site in red like some sort of demigod, also has a '67 bay westy, and what he doesn't know about them probably isn't worth knowing, so if you get stuck for info. give him a shout... he's friendly and approachable, provided you use a coaster under your mug :wink:

mezcal70 said:
are there any good links for info in general.
:mrgreen:

Welcome dude, look forward to some pics

Try this

http://www.earlybay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A font of all that is good and the people on there are feckin ORSUM! :wink:

caesar said:
[Try this

http://www.earlybay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A font of all that is good and the people on there are feckin ORSUM! :wink:

I might give this a go myself :wink:

So you went for the Airkraft bus then? Congratulations. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the councillor said:
mezcal70 said:
Hi all

seriously though, if you didn't already know, and i'd guess the majority of the developed world does the amount he goes on about it, clem, whose name you see all over the site in red like some sort of demigod, also has a '67 bay westy, and what he doesn't know about them probably isn't worth knowing, so if you get stuck for info. give him a shout... he's friendly and approachable, provided you use a coaster under your mug :wink:

Now I know who you are Councillor :lol: :lol:

Mezcal - Don't mention the August issue of Camper & Bus to Clem either :lol:

Joval said:
So you went for the Airkraft bus then? Congratulations. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yes the airkraft bus it had to be...cant wait to get my grubby little hands on it now!!!

would you be justinoval?

the councillor said:

Surely that would be one manufactured July/September '67 and a late, one manufactured October/December '67?
Would that not be a reasonable distinction?
Mine is Oct.'67 , making it a late early, early bay. I think.... :?

chill now guys and gals.....pics will be up as soon as she is in my possesion....ad seems to have dissapeared today from thesamba....so i'm assuming the cheque aint made of wubber!!.....pics will follow a very frantic flight to Newquay complimented by a very chilled out trek across the south west and taking in as much of the the southern reaches of wales as poss meandering slowly towards my spirtiual home which is North Wales.....cant wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
looking for a nice b+b for a night...depending on the weather#

Pete B said:
Surely that would be one manufactured July/September '67 and a late, one manufactured October/December '67?

what with years having an even amount of months, it's quite easy to split them into two, hence january to june is 'early' and july to december is 'late', unless i missed something at school ?

i don't think there were (m)any bays built before june 30th 1967, although i'm no expert, so surely every bay that was built during 1967 was built 'late' in the year, i.e if somebody thinks their bay was built in early 1967 it might be a idea popping around the front and checking how many 'windscreens' it's got :wink:

so you've got a late early, early bay eh ?

i reckon i've got a very early, early late, for my sins :oops:

some pics of the westy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSC00040.JPG
    234.6 KB
  • DSC00059.JPG
    218.3 KB
  • DSC00060.JPG
    228.9 KB
the councillor said:
Pete B said:

what with years having an even amount of months, it's quite easy to split them into two, hence january to june is 'early' and july to december is 'late', unless i missed something at school ?

i don't think there were (m)any bays built before june 30th 1967, although i'm no expert, so surely every bay that was built during 1967 was built 'late' in the year, i.e if somebody thinks their bay was built in early 1967 it might be a idea popping around the front and checking how many 'windscreens' it's got :wink:

so you've got a late early, early bay eh ?

i reckon i've got a very early, early late, for my sins :oops:

didnean to open the proverbial can of worms :D

Joval said:
B&B? How dare you! :lol:

its just a plan...you never know i might get some nice weather in which case i'll certainly be pulling over in a nice spot on the west Wales coast and campin :mrgreen:

Latest posts