My little lads Early Bay Bus Bed....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

61 stu

Reaction score
My two year old boy is besotted with going out for trips in the Bus so i thought it was high time he got his first ;)

So we picked up an 8x4 sheet of 12mm MDF in the Bus and set about building Charlies Bus for his bed.

Charlie and his workbench we built yesterday in preparation
117.jpg

After a bit of jiggery pokery with various tools
118.jpg

Started painting (supreme masking skills on the wheels :lol: )
126.jpg

Doesnt look much yet but painted same colours as his Dads), lights, deluxe trim and steering wheel, my little lad should be happy :mrgreen:

dubscum said:
showed this the wife and apparently i'm building one now :D keep us updated stu

That was your first mistake Ash, showing your wife always means more work :lol:

windsurfer said:
dubscum said:
showed this the wife and apparently i'm building one now :D keep us updated stu

That was your first mistake Ash, showing your wife always means more work :lol:

I reckon if I start now it might be ready for our little one by the time he's two ... that gives me just over a year :lol:

Cheers for the replies guys. :mrgreen:

Layed some paint on today, closest i could get colour wise to my Bus, plus used some really cool chrome paint for the deluxe trim ;)

015-6.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-4.jpg

Just need to finish off by putting in all the shut and detailing lines then fit it to his bed, his face was a picture when he saw it, well worth a couple of days graft :mrgreen:

Looking good 8)
Take it this is going around his existing bed (hence just front and side)?

Superb!

My dad built me a bed when I was younger - had a bed on the top, and a desk/chair etc underneath.
30-odd years later, I used that inspiration in designing some kids furniture....and now you can buy it!!

http://devan.worldsapart.co.uk/ :D

Love your much-more-personal mini-version!
By the way - what chrome paint is that? Looks pretty good - looking for something to brighten up my rear light castings.

Yep this going round his existing bed/cot, next year he'll be getting a normal size single bed, good excuse to make anothher slightly larger version ;)

The chrome paint was just from my local motor shop and is way better than the small cans of chrome art paint.

Baldrick said:
Having seen you bus I'd have thought it would have been a lot lower! :lol:

:lol: i did think about making it alot lower ;)

Fixed it to the bed tonight :mrgreen:

024-1.jpg

thats wicked.... 8)

i took the wife and daughter up to see the new bus and i couldnt get the child out of the bus! shes 18 months and she cried for ages when we left the storage, she was sat up on the front seat on a booster slouched over the steering wheel making zoooom noises. funny as hell :lol: .

kids are great!

I might steal your idea if the wife lets me :msn4:

Johnny said:
thats wicked.... 8)

i took the wife and daughter up to see the new bus and i couldnt get the child out of the bus! shes 18 months and she cried for ages when we left the storage, she was sat up on the front seat on a booster slouched over the steering wheel making zoooom noises. funny as hell :lol: .

kids are great!

I might steal your idea if the wife lets me :msn4:

Cheers, i've been in the VW scene for 21 years, like you say having your kids enjoy the scene too makes it even more enjoyable :mrgreen:

Latest posts