• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Early Bay Tin Top Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotoval1

Reaction score
I think I have possibly decided that I will sell my 1970 Westy.

He is known as Monty and I have been looking after him for a while, gradually replacing and improving things to preserve his character. I believe more in preservation rather than restoration so he is a genuine patina bus with plenty of bumps and scrapes but very little rust.

He was purchased new in the US and his first owner looked after him for 37 years. I have some history and photographs from the owner. He was imported approximately six years ago and used daily by the first UK owner and then as more of a weekend toy by subsequent custodians.

Over the last few months I have made a new ply headliner and headbanger.
Rebuilt the front seats with new seat covers from Bromsgrove trimmers and new seat pads.
TMI door panels
re-trimmed the other panels in black vinyl to match
Full width rock and roll bed
Replaced the window seals including the tricky front windows and scapers
Replaced the alloy wheels with type 3 steels and new tyres
Replaced the gearbox that had a loud whine with a better secondhand unit with new clutch at the same time.
New Newton Commercial cab carpet set
Plus loads of other little bits

I have taken plenty of photographs along the way so can share these if anyone is genuinely interested.

Monty is lowered enough....but not too much so looks better but can go anywhere without worry. Fits in a standard garage.

I have camped several times and Monty enjoyed a trip to the IOW festival earlier this year. Very simple and reliable.

£10500.

PM with email address if interested and I will send some pictures.

Monty lives in a nice dry garage in East Sussex when not out and about.

Just thought I would add a few bits had forgotten.

Monty also has a split charge system with a second battery which runs the interior lights and the head unit so you don't have to worry about a flat battery in the morning.

I also fitted a Berg shifter which makes gear changing much better.

Also insulation fitted behind ply roof linier and side panels.

I do also have a sink and cooker unit that I was going to fit that can go with the van for the new owner to play with.

hey, any chance you could send me some more pictures please?

Monty is still in the garage keeping warm and waiting for a new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts