My servo has gone :(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdyne systems

Reaction score
Not literally fallen off, but there must be a tear/split in the diaphram, cause every time I press the brake at idle it goes to stall and when I release the rev's rise again. I checked the pipe from the manifold to the servo, and found that to be sound, so all that leave's is the servo.

Has anyone stripped one down to repair/replace? Can you get any bits for them (you seem to be able to for other classic cars)? What have people here done?

Cheers
Gareth

I had problems with mine too,when I took off the m/cylinder and servo I found the servo had brake fluid in it,tried s/h that only lasted a short while.Bought new m/cylinder and servo.GREAT ! Well worth the expense.

Hi, thanks for the reply, did you get the brazillian one that fits all years or the specific one that fits the 71/2 models? Where did you buy it from?

You had brake fluid in there, was there any signs of that from the outside? And could it be removed without disconnecting the brake lines from the master cylinder, and just with drawing it once its free from the servo?

Cheers
Gareth

blow through it in both directions....

arrow to the servo.

if your lucky its just gonna be the rubber boot at the servo or the filter....

Araon said:
blow through it in both directions....

arrow to the servo.

if your lucky its just gonna be the rubber boot at the servo or the filter....

Is this what my manual calls the air connection (where the front air pipe connects at the point where the brake push rod connects to the servo)? I believe there are a few bits you can replace there such as the outer boot (mine's split) and some seals and a filter that you mentioned.

Can this all be removed without taking the servo off the van? Where can I get the filter and associated parts?

I thought the outer boot was just a dust cover, would it affect anything if this was split?

Many thanks for your help

Gareth

Just been looking at VW Heritage, and notice a non return valve, I thought this was on the servo, but it seems to be plumbed in the vacuum line somewhere, do you know where it is located?

Cheers
Gareth

Latest posts