My westy, Ellie the earlybay.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a bit of time off work over the last few weeks so decided to tackle the rear main seal, as always the list of things to do soon started growing!!

Replaced all gear linkage bushes, included the brass nose cone piece.
Replaced a seal in the gearbox, changed the oil, and painted the gearbox.
Replaced the tar boards with foam
Replaced engine bay seals
Greased up cv joints
Undersealed around the rear of the bus
Took fuel tank out (all seemed fine other than the outlet which had no seal!)

Still to do:
Clean engine up
Rear main seal,
Clutch
Full service
Fit buttys accelerator linkage
New clutch and accelerator cables
New pulleys and belt
Air hoses
Hopefully receive and fit a vs exhaust from dan
Fit freshly painted bumpers and overriders
Fit USA plates and frames

Plus what ever else I find on the way!! :lol:

Having trouble with pics at the minute (and remembering to take them!)

All was going to plan today, fitted the rear main seal then the fly wheel, just nipped up the gland nut then SNAP!! The nut sheared inside the casing!! Won't be getting the bus out this weekend!!

Built up my freshly painted bumpers today, fitted the new cab steps, over riders and new plates and frames, had a little helper aswell! (At least she thought she was helping!) :lol:

Took a trip out today to stone bay in broadstairs

Then found a nice spot in Ramsgate harbour to plot up and grab some fish n chips on the way home

Great day out in blistering sunshine, just as I put the van away the heavens opened up!!!

The can still needs a little tweaking, it would run fine for ages then start cutting out at junctions etc, and was a little delayed in acceleration at low revs at times.

Took the old girl for a rolling road tune up today, she's running 100% better now. :D

Well worth doing if your considering it. 8)

Had a little camping trip to a site called park farm in seddlescombe towards Hastings, visited a lovely vineyard just up the road and had a wine tasting session :alc: :alc:
Campsite was decent, showers etc very clean, open fires allowed aswell, they sell logs etc on site.

I chilled right out all day.......

And night!

Stayed at Camber sands for a few days this week as I had the week off,

Toasted marshmallow between two choc digestives! Outrageous!! :shock:

Took a trip into Rye yesterday, campers are a little bit bigger nowadays

Stopped at a lovely little coffee shop called Edith's house with my daughter Edith, just had to get a photo.

Latest posts