my wife-the scrubber

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
working hard on my westy windows with wire wool...............lol

S5000057.jpg

We stripped ours right down and rebuilt them with a West Coast Metric seal kit, my missus did all the scrubbing with Autosol and Scotchbrite.

Gotta admit, you've got a good one there!

I'm also lucky in the sense that my missus has been into VWs for years now, and she's also willing to do a load of hard work and get her hands dirty. We've already restored our caravan together (don't worry, it was a classic one, we're not Pikey's :lol: ), so now we're doing the Bay together.

She's a top gal really, though she's also a bit of a scrubber too (but I wouldn't change her!) :D ;
DSCN1714-2.jpg

jabbo said:
she's also a bit of a scrubber too

you love it! :twisted: :lol:

swinging things round though i dont think i could be with anyone who wasnt into old cars...luckily i have a top BF who is, how else would i be able to get away with buying so many 'projects' :D

Vacumn cleaner at the ready and wire wool!!!!!! :shock:

Its gonna be a long rough night for you my friend! :shock: :wink:

Actually, this could start a whole new thread on boyfriends / girlfriends working on the van! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :wink:

I wont be contributing to this thread .....

...... a cuppa tea is the best help I get.

She makes up for it though. ;)

Here is my better half (aka Type 2 Tart) stripping the old paint off our engine lid and sanding our freshly replaced front panel....

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

And here are some pics of the Westy window she did, as she did such a good job, bless her...

DSCF0589.jpg

DSCF0765.jpg

I will have to dig some pics out, i might have to try and get her to fit my new carbs, cos i amrubbish at it! :shock:

Latest posts